Asher is a former Mossad agent turned gun-for-hire, living an austere life in an ever-changing Brooklyn. Approaching the end of his career, he breaks the oath he took as a young man when he meets Sophie on a hit gone wrong. In order to have love in his life before it's too late, he must kill the man he was, for a chance at becoming the man he wants to be.
- Famke Janssen as Sophie
- Ron Perlman as Asher
- Peter Facinelli as Uziel
- Marta Milans as Marina
- Richard Dreyfuss as Avi
- Jacqueline Bisset as Dora
- Ned Eisenberg as Abram
- Guy Burnet as Lyor
- William Perry as Black Fella
- Joseph Siprut as Craig
- Bobby Daniel Rodriguez as Latin Man
- Charles DelGatto as Bodega Clerk
The film grossed $846 with home video sales.
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 46% based on 13 reviews and an average rating of 6.56/10. On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 58 out of 100, based on 6 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
- Busch, Anita (27 April 2017). "Famke Janssen Joins Cast Of Michael Caton-Jones' Movie 'Asher'". deadline.com. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "New Ron Perlman movie 'Asher' filming scenes in Syracuse; see the cast". syracuse.com. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- Benny, Michael. "Movie scenes being filmed in Syracuse neighborhood". cnycentral.com. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "Asher (2018)". The Numbers, Nash Information Services, LLC. Retrieved 10 October 2019.
- "Asher". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Retrieved 10 October 2019.
- "Asher Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 10 October 2019.
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an action thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|