Ashfield railway station, Sydney
|Location||Brown Street, Ashfield|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||8.38 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||5 (1 side, 2 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||26 September 1855|
|Passengers (2013)||11,100 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
In 2002, the station was largely rebuilt with a new concrete aerial concourse and most of the platform buildings were demolished. Before completion of those facilities, the platforms were accessed from two pedestrian subways which incorporated separate booking offices. The western subway remains as a pedestrian thoroughfare.
Platforms and services
The station has five platforms (two city bound, two outward bound, and one used as a turnback to the city).
|1||not in regular use|
|2||not in regular use|
|3||services to Central & the City Circle|||
|4||terminating services to & from Central & the City Circle|||
|5||services to Homebush, Leppington & Parramatta|||
Transit Systems operate four routes via Ashfield station:
- 406: Five Dock to Hurlstone Park
- 464: to Mortlake via Croydon Park, Burwood and Concord
- 466: to Cabarita Wharf via Croydon Park, Burwood and Concord
- 491: Five Dock to Hurstville via Canterbury
Ashfield station is served by three NightRide routes:
- N50: Liverpool to City (Town Hall)
- N60: Fairfield Station to City (Town Hall)
- N61: Carlingford Station to City (Town Hall)
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- "125 Years of the Sydney to Parramatta Railway'" Ron Preston New South Wales Rail Transport Museum// ISBN 0-909862-13-3
- Ashfield Station NSWrail.net
- Ashfield Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- Opal park & ride securing more parking for public transport customers Transport for NSW
- "T2: Inner West & Leppington line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 406". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 464". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 466". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 491". Transport for NSW.
- "N50 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
- "N60 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
- "N61 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
Media related to Ashfield railway station at Wikimedia Commons