Ashfield railway station, Sydney
Station front in March 2007
|Location||Brown Street, Ashfield|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||8.38 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||5 (1 side, 2 island)|
|Opened||26 September 1855|
In 2002, the station was largely rebuilt with a new concrete aerial concourse and most of the platform buildings were demolished. Before completion of those facilities, the platforms were accessed from two pedestrian subways which incorporated separate booking offices. The western subway remains as a pedestrian thoroughfare.
Platforms and services
The station has five platforms (two city bound, two outward bound, and one used as a turnback to the city).
|1||not in regular use|
|2||not in regular use|
|3||services to Central & the City Circle|||
|4||terminating services to & from Central & the City Circle|||
|5||services to Homebush, Liverpool, Leppington & Campbelltown|||
Sydney Buses operate five routes via Ashfield station:
- 406: Five Dock to Hurlstone Park
- 462: to Mortlake
- 464: to Mortlake via Croydon Park, Burwood and Concord
- 466: to Cabarita Wharf via Croydon Park, Strathfield, Burwood and Concord
- 491: Five Dock to Hurstville via Canterbury
- N50: Liverpool to City (Town Hall)
- N60: Fairfield Station to City (Town Hall)
- N61: Carlingford Station to City (Town Hall)
- "125 Years of the Sydney to Parramatta Railway'" Ron Preston New South Wales Rail Transport Museum// ISBN 0-909862-13-3
- Ashfield Station NSWrail.net
- Ashfield Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "T2: Inner West & South line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 13 December 2015.
- "Route 406 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 21 March 2010 [Reprinted February 2012].
- "Routes 462, 463, 464 and 466 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 20 October 2013.
- "Route 491 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 21 March 2010.
- NightRide bus services Transport Info NSW