Quetta, Baluchistan, Pakistan
|Education||Institute of Business Administration, Karachi|
|Years active||1993–1994; 2015–present|
|Employer||Federal Board of Revenue|
|Spouse(s)||Bushra Ashir Azeem|
Early life and career
Ashir Azeem was born in Quetta in 1962 where he attended early schooling. He has done aeronautical engineering in 1981–1984 from Pakistan Air Force College of Aeronautical Engineering and later, he received degree of BBA from Institute of Business Administration, Karachi in 1984–1986. In 1988, Ashir joined Central Superior Services of Pakistan. While working in there, he wrote a story about the Pakistan Armed Forces. Later one of his colleagues advised him to create a television serial on his story. The serial titled Dhuwan based on his story was aired on Pakistan Television Corporation (now PTV Home) in 1994. He appeared in the serial as the lead actor and gained public recognition. Dhuwan became popular all over the country and received positive response. Ashir then moved to Canada. In 2015, he announced his debut film Maalik which he wrote in 1993. The film was directed written and co-produced by Ashir and was released on 8 April 2016. Ashir also acted in Hassan Rana's film Yalghaar.
In addition to his media work, Ashir Azeem is a Pakistani civil servant. In 2015, the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) ordered that Ashir is investigated for "corrupt practices and misuse of authority in awarding a contract for computerization of the FBR department to a foreign company." In 2016, the Federal Board of Revenue disciplined Ashir for "inefficiency, misconduct, and corruption but he was then acquitted of all charges." After being cleared of all accusations he resigned from Pakistan Customs Services (PCS). He also played a lead roll in bringing custom reforms in Pakistan.
On 7 July 2017, through his Twitter account he revealed that he currently drives a 22-wheeler truck as his main source of income.
|1.||Maalik||Major Asad||2016||director, producer, writer|
|2.||Yalghaar||Maj. Gen. Ahmed||2017||Cameo role as an Infantry General.|
- "Pakistnai Christian actor and writer – Ashir Azeem". .christiansinpakistan.com. 8 August 2015. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- Syeda Zehra (4 March 2016). "INGENUITY, THY NAME IS – Ashir Azeem". Mag The Weekly. Archived from the original on 14 April 2016. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- Ally Adnan (13 February 2015). "Pakistani drama is stifling creativity". The Friday Times. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- "'Maalik' to hit theatres on April 8". The Express Tribune. 18 February 2016. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- Hasan Ansari (30 October 2015). "Clearing the smoke on 'Maalik'". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- Ayan Mirza (9 August 2014). "Breaking! Ashir Azeem of 'Dhuwan' returns in Yalgaar". Galaxy Lollywood. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- "NAB orders inquiry against three former FBR chairmen". Dawn. 17 June 2015. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Ashir Azeem's promotion withheld for three years; two other customs officers awarded stoppage of increment". PKRevenue.com. 7 April 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Ashir Azeem Gill". Twitter. 9 August 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2017.