|This article is outdated. (October 2013)|
Ashis Roy (born June 1, 1932) is the first man from India to run 100 marathons. He ran his first marathon at the age of 52, and completed his 115th Marathon (Mumbai marathon, India) in January 20, 2013 at the age of 81. This has been published in Limca Book of Records as well "Limca Book of Records".. He is a cardiologist, and the author of "The Joy of Running". He is currently writing another book "Wonderful Joys of Running" scheduled to be released in January, 2014.
Roy served in the Indian Air Force for 21 years and after retirement with the rank of Wing Commander settled in New Delhi in 1978 as a Practicing Physician Cardiologist. At the age of 50 years Roy took up jogging and running to maintain good health. He ran his 1st Marathon at the age of 52 years and by the time he became 81 years old, he had completed 115 marathon races, which is a National record for men in India."Limca Book of Records".
|No.||Country||Number of Marathons|
- Only Asian to have run the following three Marathon Races in U.S.A. on three consecutive Sundays:
- Toledo Glass City Marathon – 25 April 1999.
- Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon – 2 May 1999.
- Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon – 9 May 1999.
- First man above 70 yrs to run two marathons on two consecutive Sundays:
- Only man in the world above 70 yrs who has run three marathons within a span of six weeks:
- Charlottesville Marathon - April 16.
- Forest City Marathon - May 8 of 2005.
- Buffalo Marathon -May 29, 2005 a.
- Mumbai Marathon, Mumbai, India - 21 January 2007
- Shamrock Festival Marathon, Virginia Beach, VA, USA - 18 March 2007
- Country Music Marathon, Nashville, USA - 28 April 2007
- Delaware Marathon, DE, USA - 20 May 2007
- Hatfield-McCoy Marathon, Williamson, WV, USA - 9 June 2007
- Foot Traffic Flat Marathon, Portland, OR USA - 4 July 2007
- Edmonton Marathon, Canada - 12 August 2007
- US Air Force Marathon, Dayton, US - 15 September 2007
- "India’s Ashis Roy, 81, completes 115th marathon".
- Toledo Glass City Marathon 1997 Results
- Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon 1999 Results
- Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon 1999 Results
- Prague International Marathon 2003 Press Release
- Results from Vienna City Marathon 2003
- Results Search page for Charlottesville Marathon 2005
- Results from Buffalo Marathon 2005
- Results from Mumbai Marathon 2007
- Shamrock Festival Marathon 2007 Results
- Delaware Marathon 2007 Results
- Hatfield-McCoy Marathon 2007 Results Search page
- Around the world in 100 runs - Times Of India
- India's marathon man Ashis Roy completes 90th marathon
- At 78, Ashis Roy completes 104th marathon - The Hindu
- India's Ashis Roy, 78, completes 110th marathon
- Sport set-up in India needs to be changed: Ashis Roy - Times Of India