|Ashish Kumar Chauhan|
|Occupation||MD & CEO of Bombay Stock Exchange|
Ashishkumar Chauhan (Ashish Chauhan) is an Indian business executive and administrator. He is the current managing director and chief executive officer of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). He is a Distinguished Visiting professor at Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada.
A mechanical engineer from IIT Mumbai(Powai) and alumnus of IIM Calcutta, Chauhan was recruited from the campus by the Industrial Development Bank of India (now IDBI Bank) in 1991. His designation was that of industrial finance officer. His break came in 1993, when the Government proposed a rival stock exchange in the National Stock Exchange.
National Stock Exchange of India
His break came in 1993, when the Government proposed a rival stock exchange in the National Stock Exchange. Chauhan was a member of the core team that founded the NSE. Chauhan himself was involved in creating the trading infrastructure at NSE. He looked at NSE’s risk management system along with two others. The team created a metric to measure liquidity in stocks—called impact cost—which is now standard practice.
In 2001, Chauhan left NSE to begin his entrepreneurship venture, financed by the Reliance group. Soon, his entire team then got shifted to Reliance Infocomm. In 2004, Chauhan became the chief information officer (CIO) of Reliance Infocomm, and then the Reliance Group CIO in 2005. He was also the CEO of the cricket team Mumbai Indians, owned by Reliance Industries, in its formative years.
After leaving Reliance Industries, Chauhan joined BSE as Deputy CEO in 2009 and was appointed as CEO in 2012. He is credited with reviving BSE including making it the fastest Exchange in the World with less than 6 microseconds response time, introduction of Mobile Trading, state of the art online real time surveillance system, introduction of several market leading products. He was also instrumental in setting up India's First International Exchange "India International Exchange", which was inaugurated by the Hon'ble Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi in January 2017 at Gandhinagar, Gift City. He has successfully completed the IPO of BSE which was pending for over 10 years. BSE IPO was oversubscribed 51 times, with the public offer received bids for 550.8 million shares against 10.8 million shares on offer in January 2017.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Distinguished Alumnus Award 2016 - IIM Calcutta
- CEO of the Year, Diamond Sabre Awards 2015, Hong Kong
- Indian Business Leader of the Year, Horasis Interlaken/Switzerland 2015
- RH Patil Award for Excellence in Financial Services, June 2015
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, 2014
- Best CEO in the Financial Markets in the Asia Pacific by the Asian Banker, 2014
- Zee Business Awards- Special contribution in Commodities and Capital Market, 2013
- TOP 50 CIOs, Information Week, US, 2009
He is the Chairperson on the Board of Governors (BoGs) of the National Institute of Technology (NIT) - Manipur and an Independent Director of the ICSI Insolvency Professionals Agency, a 100% subsidiary company of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India. He is the Chairman of South Asian Federation of Exchanges (SAFE), a forum of 28 member entities from the SAARC region and neighboring countries which aims to provide platform to share, exchange and promote the technologies, experiences for the rapid growth and development of capital markets and regional as well as global integration. He is a member of the SEBI committee on corporate governance to help improve the standards of corporate governance of listed companies in India, advisor to Asia-Pacific Investment Council and the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- "Ashishkumar Chauhan appointed MD & CEO of BSE". Mumbai: The Hindu. November 2, 2012. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- "Ashish Chauhan appointed new BSE managing director". Daily News and Analysis. Nov 2, 2012. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- Rajesh Mascarenhas (2 Nov 2012). "Ashishkumar Chauhan appointed as MD & CEO of BSE". Mumbai: The Economic Times. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- "Mr. Ashishkumar Chauhan". www.bseindia.com. Retrieved 2017-07-02.
- "How Ashish Chauhan is Reviving BSE | Forbes India". Forbes India. Retrieved 2017-07-02.
- Sengupta, Devina; Vijayaraghavan, Kala (2016-07-29). "25 years of reforms: Meet entrepreneurs of the open era". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "BSE Institute Limited: Governing Board". Bombay Stock Exchange. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- Dobhal, Shailesh (2015-07-03). "Lunch with BS: Ashishkumar Chauhan". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- Priyanka, Anup Varier; Sneha Jha (18 February 2010). "The Insiders - CIOs Who Became CEOs". CIO. Retrieved 14 June 2011.
- "BSE becomes world's fastest stock exchange: Ashishkumar Chauhan". The Economic Times. 2015-10-13. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- Reporter, B. S. (2010-09-22). "BSE launches mobile trading". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- Bureau, Our (2013-03-11). "BSE's online surveillance system". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- indiainfoline.com. "GIFT City | Prime Minister Narendra modi to inaugurate 'India International Exchange' on 9th January". Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "Have been looking to list BSE since 10 years: Ashish Chauhan". Zee Business. 2017-01-17. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "BSE IPO sees bumper demand, issue oversubscribed 51 times". The Economic Times. 2017. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- Horasis.org. "Horasis Events :: India Meeting 2015". www.horasis.org. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- Bureau, Our (2012-11-02). "Ashish Kumar Chauhan is new MD & CEO of BSE". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "IIM Calcutta".
- "2015 Asia-Pacific SABRE Winners". www.holmesreport.com. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "Mr. Ashishkumar Chauhan honoured with Dr. R. H Patil award for excellence in Financial Services". Dalal Street Investment Journal. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "Mr. Ashish Kumar Chauhan | Alumni and Corporate Relations". www.iitb.ac.in. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "Citation" (PDF).
- "Zee Business presents India's Best Market Analyst Awards 2013". Zee News. 2013-07-24. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "The Global CIO 50: IT Leaders Changing the Business World - InformationWeek". InformationWeek. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- ET Bureau (2016-02-02). "BSE MD Ashish Chauhan appointed as chairperson of NIT, Manipur". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- Srivats, K R (2016-11-30). "ICSI-IPA begins enrolling insolvency professionals". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- PTI (2017-05-12). "BSE CEO Ashish Chauhan is new chairman of SAFE". livemint.com/. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "SEBI forms committee on corporate governance". The Hindu Business Line: Mobile Edition. 2017-06-04. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "Ashish CHAUHAN - Advisory Board". www.ap-investorscooperation.org. Retrieved 2017-07-12.