Ashkum Township, Iroquois County, Illinois
Location in Iroquois County
Iroquois County's location in Illinois
|• Total||62.47 sq mi (161.8 km2)|
|• Land||62.37 sq mi (161.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.16%|
|Elevation||673 ft (205 m)|
|• Density||24.7/sq mi (9.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60911, 60927, 60930|
|GNIS feature ID||0428607|
Ashkum Township is one of twenty-six townships in Iroquois County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,542 and it contained 662 housing units. Ashkum Township formed from portions of Chebanse Township and Onarga Township in March, 1857.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 62.47 square miles (161.8 km2), of which 62.37 square miles (161.5 km2) (or 99.84%) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) (or 0.16%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- L'Erable at
The township contains L'Erable Catholic Cemetery.
- Central Community Unit School District 4
- Iroquois West Community Unit School District 10
- Tri Point Community Unit School District 6-J
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State House District 105
- State Senate District 38
- State Senate District 53
- "Ashkum Township, Iroquois County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Milks Grove Township||Chebanse Township|
|Mona Township, Ford County
Pella Township, Ford County
|Danforth Township||Iroquois Township|