July 9, 1987|
Ukiah, California, United States
|Other names||Rebel Girl|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||135 lb (61 kg; 9.6 st)|
|Reach||67 in (170 cm)|
|Rank||Blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Ashlee Evans-Smith is an American mixed martial artist who competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship's women's flyweight division. As of September 11, 2018, she is #11 in official UFC women's flyweight rankings.
As an amateur, Ashlee Evans-Smith had a record of 5-4, and is the former Tuff-N-Uff Champion. Her four losses were against women with a combined amateur record of 20-1-1. She also has a notable victory over former UFC fighter Jessamyn Duke.
Evans-Smith began her professional career on March 2, 2013, in the quarterfinals for the CFA Women's PGA Tournament. In an arduous battle, full of twists, against her former amateur rival, Tori Adams, Evans-Smith won by unanimous decision, thus avenging a past loss.
She was then scheduled to fight Peggy Morgan in the semi-final round at CFA 11 but was removed from the card after auditioning for TUF 18. A recent report from The Wrestling Observer Newsletter announced that Evans-Smith was one of the 17 fighters selected for TUF 18 but at age 25, instead preferred to regain her place in the CFA tournament.
Evans-Smith automatically advanced to the finals because Morgan was removed from the tournament. Then news surfaced that she would face transgender fighter Fallon Fox because Morgan's opponent, Anna Barone, could not make the weight.
Fox vs. Evans-Smith
On October 12, 2013, Evans-Smith made it to the finals of the CFA 12 tournament, entering as a heavy underdog because Fallon Fox was born a biological male, reaching +425 in the bookmakers odds. After being dominated in the first round, she started taking over in the second round. The round ended in controversy because while Evans-Smith was applying punches from the top position, the referee failed to hear the signal announcing the end of the round, so she continued to beat on Fallon Fox. The referee called the fight a TKO in her favor when the round should have already been over. As Ashlee, her corner and the crowd celebrated, the referee informed her that he had made a mistake, and the fight would go to a third round. In the 3rd, Ashlee was able to get the top position again, and managed to hit a wave of punches, until the referee intervened and stopped the fight, giving her the win by TKO in the third round. To date, Evans-Smith remains the only fighter to defeat Fallon Fox.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
With a perfect 3-0 record, Evans-Smith had the first opportunity in the organization to fight Raquel Pennington on December 6, 2014 at UFC 181 following a neck injury to Pennington's original opponent Holly Holm. The fight was balanced and "locked," especially at the clinch, until Pennington secured a bulldog choke at the end of the round. When the round was over, it was revealed that Evans-Smith was unconscious due to the finish. The fight was interrupted between rounds 1 and 2, however, the official time is 4:59 of the first round. Ashlee soon after was suspended for diuretic use.
Mixed Martial Arts Record
|Professional record breakdown|
|9 matches||6 wins||3 losses|
|Win||6–3||Bec Rawlings||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 223||April 7, 2018||3||5:00||Brooklyn, New York, United States||Flyweight debut.|
|Loss||5–3||Sarah Moras||Submission (armbar)||UFC 215||September 9, 2017||1||2:51||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Loss||5–2||Ketlen Vieira||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Reis||April 15, 2017||3||5:00||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Win||5–1||Veronica Macedo||TKO (punches and elbows)||UFC Fight Night: Arlovski vs. Barnett||September 3, 2016||3||3:14||Hamburg, Germany|
|Win||4–1||Marion Reneau||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Cowboy vs. Cowboy||February 21, 2016||3||5:00||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Loss||3–1||Raquel Pennington||Technical Submission (bulldog choke)||UFC 181||December 6, 2014||1||4:59||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Evans-Smith tested positive for hydrochlorothiazide.|
|Win||3–0||Marciea Allen||TKO (elbows)||WSOF 10||June 21, 2014||3||3:01||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Bantamweight debut; Allen missed weight (137 lbs).|
|Win||2–0||Fallon Fox||TKO (punches)||CFA 12||October 12, 2013||3||3:15||Coral Gables, Florida, United States|
|Win||1–0||Tori Adams||Decision (unanimous)||CFA 10||March 2, 2013||3||5:00||Coral Gables, Florida, United States||Featherweight debut.|
- "Ashlee Evans-Smith - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "UFC Fight Night 93's Ashlee Evans-Smith: 'I've been thrown to the wolves, but I've risen to the occasion'". 31 August 2016.
- "Fighter Rankings - UFC ®". UFC. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- "Report: Female TUF 18 participants named - Fighters Only Magazine". Retrieved 13 April 2017.
- MMARising.com. "Ashlee Evans-Smith Now Set To Face Anna Barone At CFA 11 - MMARising.com". Retrieved 13 April 2017.
- ShinSplints (15 October 2013). "Fighters react to Fallon Fox's first loss". Bloody Elbow.
- "Ashlee Evans-Smith had 'love-hate relationship' with Fallon Fox controversy". MMA Junkie. 22 October 2013.
- "WSOF 10 Fight Highlights Video: Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Marciea Allen - MMAWeekly.com". Retrieved 13 April 2017.
- "Ashlee Evans-Smith replaces Holly Holm at UFC 181 in Las Vegas". 19 November 2014.
- "Why NSAC took action with Ashlee Evans-Smith and issued suspension, fine". MMA Junkie. 18 February 2015.
- "Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Sarah Moras set for UFC 216 in Canada". My MMA News.com. 2017-06-07. Retrieved 2017-08-24.
- Ryder, Matthew. "Sarah 'Cheesecake' Moras Dislocates Opponent's Elbow with UFC 215 Armbar". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 2017-09-12.
- "UFC 215 results: Sarah Moras cranks Ashlee Evans-Smith's arm for first-round win". MMAjunkie. 2017-09-10. Retrieved 2017-09-10.
- "Ashlee Evans-Smith drops to flyweight, meets Bec Rawlings at UFC 223". MMAjunkie. 2018-02-04. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- "UFC 223 results: Ashlee Evans-Smith outworks Bec Rawlings for decision sweep". MMAjunkie. 2018-04-08. Retrieved 2018-04-08.
- Marcel Dorff (2018-09-06). "Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Antonina Shevchenko at the TUF 28 Finale in Las Vegas". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-09-06. (in Dutch)
- Sherdog.com. "Ashlee". Sherdog. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
|This biographical article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|