Ashleigh May Brewer|
9 December 1990
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Ashleigh May Brewer (born 9 December 1990) is an Australian actress. She had a recurring role in The Sleepover Club, before she joined the cast of H2O: Just Add Water. Brewer played the role of Kate Ramsay in the long-running Australian soap opera Neighbours from 2009 until 2014. She portrayed Ivy Forrester on the CBS Daytime soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful from 2014 to 2018.
Early and personal life
A week after graduating from her school, Brewer arrived in Melbourne to look for acting work. While she was in the city, Brewer successfully auditioned for the ongoing role of Kate Ramsay in the long-running soap opera Neighbours. The actress relocated to Melbourne for filming and she made her debut as Kate on 15 May 2009. The following year, Brewer was nominated for the Most Popular New Female Talent Logie Award. In July 2013, Brewer celebrated filming 1000 episodes.
After five years of playing Kate, Brewer confirmed her departure from Neighbours in November 2013. Brewer decided to quit the show to pursue new acting projects. She filmed her final scenes the following month. Brewer's character was killed off and she admitted that she was delighted with Kate's exit storyline.
On 22 May 2014, it was announced that Brewer had been cast in the newly created role of Ivy Forrester in the American soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful. Brewer's character is the niece of established character Eric Forrester (John McCook). Brewer began filming on 24 May. She had a three-year contract with the show and made her debut as Ivy in July 2014. Brewer appeared in a documentary special celebrating Neighbours' 30th anniversary titled Neighbours 30th: The Stars Reunite, which aired in Australia and the UK in March 2015. In January 2018, Brewer announced her decision to quit The Bold and the Beautiful; explaining her decision, Brewer cited Margot Robbie as her inspiration, in her own desires to achieve other acting opportunities.
|2003||The Sleepover Club||Alana||Recurring role (season 1); 14 episodes|
|2005||Blue Heelers||Lelah Burton||Episode: "Lost and Found"|
|2006–2008||H2O: Just Add Water||Gracie||4 episodes|
|2009–2014||Neighbours||Kate Ramsay||Series regular |
Nominated – Logie Award for Most Popular New Female Talent (2010)
|2014–2018||The Bold and the Beautiful||Ivy Forrester||Series regular|
|2015||Neighbours 30th: The Stars Reunite||Herself||Documentary|
|2018||Home and Away||Chelsea Campbell|
- "Twitter - Ashleigh Brewer". Twitter. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- Lucas, Jordy; Brewer, Ashleigh; Pranita, Gemma (17 August 2011). Twitter shout out!. NeighboursTVShow. YouTube. Event occurs at 0:11. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- Shearer, Geoff (14 May 2009). "Teenager Ashleigh Brewer lands part with Neighbours". The Courier-Mail. Archived from the original on 9 November 2010. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- "On-screen Neighbours pair Ashleigh Brewer and Lincoln Lewis go way back". The Sunday Times. 5 October 2011. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- "Ashleigh Brewer". Neighbours.com.au. Eleven. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- "Nominees for the 2010 Logie Awards". Sky News. 29 March 2010. Retrieved 1 May 2010.
- "Ashleigh celebrates 1000 episodes". Channel 5. 23 April 2013. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- Harris, Jamie; Kilkelly, Daniel (11 November 2013). "'Neighbours' Kate Ramsay actress Ashleigh Brewer quits". Digital Spy. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (21 November 2013). "'Neighbours' Christopher Milligan: 'Kyle will fight for Georgia'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- "Ashleigh Brewer says goodbye to Erinsborough". Network Ten. 8 April 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- Lewis, Errol (22 May 2014). "'B&B' Casts Australian Actress Ashleigh Brewer In Newly Created Contract Role; Soap Nominated for 9th Consecutive TV Audience Award". Soap Opera Network. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- Shearer, Geoff (25 May 2014). "Brisbane actor Ashleigh Brewer scores role in US soapie The Bold and the Beautiful". The Courier-Mail. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- Knox, David (28 February 2015). "Airdate: Neighbours 30th: The Stars Reunite". TV Tonight. Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (4 March 2015). "Neighbours 30th anniversary schedule confirmed by Channel 5". Digital Spy. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- Epstein, Jackie (30 January 2018). "Neighbours star 'inspired' by Margot Robbie". Herald Sun. Australia: The Herald and Weekly Times. News Corp Australia. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (31 March 2018). "Exclusive: Former Neighbours star Ashleigh Brewer reveals Home and Away role gossip as she joins Summer Bay". Digital Spy. Retrieved 31 March 2018.