|Full name||Ashley Bateman|
7 July 1988 |
Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||89 kg (14 st 0 lb)|
As of 17 October 2014
Ashley Bateman is a Wales international rugby league footballer who currently plays for the South Wales Scorpions in the Championship One. He was previously playing for the Crusaders Rugby League in the Super League. He is a winger and previously played for feeder side Crusaders Colts in the National Conference before signing professionally in 2008. He has made one appearance for the Crusaders (then Celtic Crusaders) in a 35-22 loss to Castleford Tigers in round 27 of 2009's Super League XIV. He has also represented his native Wales at international level. He made his international début in an 88-8 win over Serbia in the European Cup. He since played against Ireland, in a 42-12 win, and in the 28-16 victory against Scotland in the final, each time playing on the left wing and scoring in every game.
In October and November 2014, Ashley played International rugby league for the first time in 5 years. He returned after being selected to play in the 2014 European Cup.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 24 January 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-20.
- "Ashley Bateman Profile @ rleague.com". rleague.com. 18 December 2009. Archived from the original on 13 January 2010. Retrieved 2009-12-18.
- "Wales 88-8 Serbia". rlef.eu.com. 2009-10-26. Retrieved 2009-12-18.
- "Wales 42-12 Ireland". rlef.eu.com. 2009-11-01. Retrieved 2009-12-18.
- "Wales 28-16 Scotland". rlef.eu.com. 2009-11-09. Retrieved 2009-12-18.
|This Welsh rugby league football biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|