Ashley Graham (model)
|Born||circa 1988 (age 27–28)
Lincoln, Nebraska, US
|Spouse(s)||Justin Ervin (m. 2010)|
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m) |
|Hair colour||Brown |
|Eye colour||Brown |
|Manager||IMG Models Ford Models|
Ashley Graham (born circa 1988) is an American model. She is best known as a lingerie model for the plus-size clothing store Lane Bryant. She has appeared on the cover of Elle Quebec. Graham appeared in fashion magazines such as Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Glamour, and Elle UK. In addition, she appeared in several Levi's campaigns. Graham has appeared on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Entertainment Tonight, and CBS News and was interviewed by NPR about plus-size modeling. In 2016, she became the first plus-size model to appear on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
Graham was born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska. She has two younger sisters.  She attended Scott Middle School from 1999 to 2002 and attended Lincoln Southwest High School from 2002 to 2005. She was discovered in 2000 at age 12 by the I & I agency while shopping at Oak View Mall in Omaha, Nebraska while wearing her favorite team Minnesota Vikings jersey & jeans.
In 2001, Graham signed a deal with Wilhelmina Models, after attending from a model convention. In 2003, she signed a deal with Ford Models. During her early career, Graham appeared in YM magazine. In April 2007, she was profiled by Sally Singer of Vogue magazine and then appeared on the October 2009 issue of Glamour editorial 'These Bodies are Beautiful at Every Size,' along with plus-size models; including Kate Dillon Levin, Amy Lemons, Lizzie Miller, Crystal Renn, Jennie Runk and Anansa Sims. In 2010, Graham appeared in a controversial Lane Bryant TV commercial. The commercial received over 800,000 views on YouTube and was covered by news outlets such as The Huffington Post and the New York Post. On May 31, 2010, she appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, to address the controversy.
In December 2010, Graham also appeared in an editorial for Bust magazine. Graham appeared in several Levi's campaigns, notably Curve ID SS 2011 with Sabina Karlsson, Ana Lisboa, Marquita Pring and McKenzie Raley, and Boyfriend Collection F/W 10 with Rachel Clark, Ana Lisboa, Anais Mali, Marquita Pring and Ashley Smith. Graham has recently appeared in several Marina Rinaldi campaigns: Spring/Summer 2012, Fall/Winter 2012 denim, and Fall/Winter 2012 sport. The other clients includes Addition Elle, Bloomingdale's, Elomi lingerie, Evans, Hanes, Liz Claiborne Macy's, Nordstrom, Simply Be and Target. In December 2012, Graham was featured two of the Billboards at New York for Lane Bryant. Closing out the year, Graham was named the Full Figured Fashion Week's Model of the Year.
In 2013, Graham designed a lingerie line for Addition Elle, a Canadian plus-size clothing retailer. Graham even appeared on the MTV's Made, as a coach for an aspiring plus-size model. Graham appeared on the May 2014 issue for international's Harper's Bazaar pre-fall collection and beauty editorial. Graham was the cover model on the June 2014 issue of Elle Quebec. In 2015, swimsuitsforall, a plus-size retailer for women's swimsuits, featured Graham in an advertisement in Sports Illustrated's annual swimsuit issue. The ad was part of swimsuitsforall's #CurvesInBikinis campaign in which Graham was one of the first plus-size models to appear in the pages of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. In 2016, she became the first plus-size model to appear on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. She was also featured in DNCE's music video for "Toothbrush".
Graham was founded on shooting for America's Next Top Model. It might be that she was founded to be a new judge on the it's 23rd series.
Charity and community service
- "Success Stories". I & I Agency. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
- Ervin, Justin. "Contact Element Films". Element Films. Ervin, Justin. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- Pham, Thailan. "Lane Bryant Model Ashley Graham Is Engaged!". people.com. Time, Inc. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- "Ford Models". Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- Krupnick, Ellie (December 20, 2013). "Ashley Graham, Plus-Size Model, Is Poised For Breakout With New Agency Signing". huffingtonpost.com (The Huffington Post). Retrieved December 20, 2013.
- Graham, Ashley; Dakin, Gary (May 17, 2010). Plus-Size Models An Increasing Presence In Ads. Interview with Allison Keyes. Tell Me More, National Public Radio. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- Mertes, Micah (May 3, 2010). "Lincoln model from Lane Bryant ad amazed at media frenzy". Lincoln Journal Star (Nebraska). Archived from the original on July 9, 2010. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
The 22-year-old plus-size model....
- Banned-ad model: ABC is big bust NY Post, April 23, 2010
- Busty model ad too hot for TV The Sun, April 26, 2010
- Sauers, Jenna. "Five Plus-Size Models To Watch". jezebel.com. Gawker Media. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- "Levi's Boyfriend Collection F/W 10". models.com. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
- "Curve ID S/S 11 (with Ashley Graham, Ana Lisboa and Sabina Karlsson)". models.com. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
- Graham, Ashley. "About". Ashley Graham official website. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Mazziotta, Julie (14 February 2016). "5 Things to Know About Ashley Graham, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue's First Size-16 Cover Girl". People. Retrieved 14 February 2016.
- Brody, Liz (July 31, 2010). "Model Ashley Graham on how to Rock a Size 16: "Did someone say cellulite?". shine.yahoo.com. Yahoo!. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Singer, Sally (April 2007). "Body of Work". Vogue (April 2007): 188–190.
- Field, Genevieve. "These Bodies are Beautiful at Every Size". glamour.com. Conde Nast Publications. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- "Supermodels Who Aren’t Superthin: Meet the Women Who Proudly Bared it All". glamour.com. Conde Nast Publications. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Episode Guide Archived June 5, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Ashley Graham Model Plus Size On Jay Leno Show Spreadit.org, May 2, 2010 Archived May 5, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Ashley Graham In Bust Magazine". madisonplus.com. November 13, 2010. Archived from the original on April 7, 2014. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- "Marina Rinaldi Campaign, Spring/Summer 2012". TruthandFashion.com. Archived from the original on January 20, 2013. Retrieved November 5, 2012.
- "Marina Rinaldi Denim, Fall/Winter 2012". truthandfashion.com. Archived from the original on December 4, 2012. Retrieved November 5, 2012.
- "Models Ashley Graham & Geo Burke for Marina Rinaldi Sport". TruthandFashion.com. Archived from the original on December 4, 2012. Retrieved November 5, 2012.
- "Full Figure Fashion Week 2012 Awards". fffweek.com. Retrieved November 17, 2013.
- Friede, Eva (November 15, 2013). "Ashley Graham's star power plus". Montreal Gazette. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- "Carine Roitfeld's new BAZAAR shoot: Beauty & The Best of Pre-Fall". harpersbazaar.com.au. April 2, 2014. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Cruz, Marcy. "Plus Model Ashley Graham Graces Cover of ELLE Magazine Quebec". Plus Model Magazine. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- Durando, Jessica. "Plus-sized model Ashley Graham lands 'Sports Illustrated' swimsuit ad". USA Today. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- "Plus-size model Ashley Graham on high-fashion and health". Metro. 21 Jan 2015. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
I promote health at every size.
- Graham, Ashley (Jan 2015). "Beauty Beyond Size". The Edit. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
I think that you can be healthy at any size and my goal is to help and educate women on that.
- Thomason, Kristine (19 Feb 2016). "Ashley Graham Opens Up About Being Healthy at Any Size". Retrieved 22 February 2016.
I believe you can be healthy at any size as long as you’re getting off the couch and moving your body