Hansen playing for West Coast in 2008
|Date of birth||3 March 1983|
|Original team(s)||Oakleigh Chargers|
|Debut||4 June 2004, West Coast Eagles
vs. Collingwood, at Telstra Dome
|Height / weight||198 cm / 95 kg|
|2004–2010||West Coast Eagles||78 (95)|
|2015–||Footscray (VFL)||20 (12–8–0)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2010.
3 Coaching statistics correct as of 2015.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Ashley Hansen (born 3 March 1983) is a former Australian rules footballer, and the current coach of Footscray in the Victorian Football League (VFL). He formerly played for the West Coast Eagles in the Australian Football League (AFL). Hansen was born in Victoria, Australia and was educated at Mazenod College. His father, Clarke Hansen, is a respected AFL commentator.
Recruited from Northvale/Oakleigh Chargers, he made his debut in round 11, 2004, against Collingwood, after being picked with selection 38 in the 2001 AFL Draft. Hansen was named the Eagles' rookie of the year for 2005.
Of the 14 games Hansen played during the 2006 season, the Eagles emerged victorious on every occasion. Hansen kicked two goals in the opening quarter of the 2006 AFL Grand Final, which the West Coast Eagles won by a solitary point.
Hansen struggled with injuries during the latter half of his career, playing 14 games or less in each of his final four seasons, with only nine in 2009. His name was often brought up during the trade period, however he remained with the Eagles, concluding his career as a one club player. Hansen was delisted at the end of the 2010 season.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- "Development Coaches". westernbulldogs.com.au. Western Bulldogs. Retrieved 23 August 2015.
- Holmesby, Russell; Main, Jim (2002). The Encyclopedia of AFL Footballers: every AFL/VFL player since 1897 (4th ed.). Melbourne, Victoria: Crown Content. p. 727. ISBN 1-74095-001-1.
- Ashley Hansen may look east if West Coast is toast
- WCE Honour Roll
- Eagles win thriller by one
- Eagle Ashley Hansen returns strongly from injury
- Ashley Hansen's player profile at AFL Tables
- Ashley Hansen's statistics from AFL Tables