Ashley Jackson (field hockey)
27 August 1987|
Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||73 kg (161 lb)|
|Current club||East Grinstead|
|2006–2016||England & GB||234||(133)|
He was a member of the Great Britain squad that finished ninth at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, competed in the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, and finishing 4th at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Jackson also played in the England squad that won Bronze at the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Jackson plays club hockey for East Grinstead. He has also played for HGC in the Dutch league for a number of years, alongside England/GB team mate Barry Middleton, as well for Ranchi Rhinos in the Hockey India League. He started out at Tunbridge Wells while he attended school at Sutton Valence, Kent.
In December 2014 Jackson began playing ice hockey for Invicta Dynamos, scoring a goal on his debut against London Raiders.
- "England's men's hockey team win bronze in Glasgow after penalty shoot-out win over New Zealand". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- "Ashley Jackson Bio, Stats, and Results - Olympics at Sports-Reference.com". Sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2015-05-30.
- "Glasgow 2014 - Ashley Jackson Profile". glasgow2014.com. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- "East Grinstead's Ashley Jackson, the one-club striker overcoming pain to map England's golden path". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- "EHL Statistics". Fixtureslive.com. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
|This biographical article relating to an English field hockey figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|