Ashley Lauren Fisher
|Ashley Lauren Fisher|
|Born||Montville, New Jersey, U.S.|
Ashley Lauren Fisher is an American model, co-founder and chairwoman of Discovery Through Design, a non-profit organization that creates awareness and raises funds for disabled women's health initiatives and spinal cord research, and a former actress, and restaurateur.
Fisher was born and raised in Montville, New Jersey, and was inducted into the Montville Township High School Hall of Fame in 2011. She has performed in Carnegie Hall and Steinway Hall, on MTV, and modeled with NYC agencies.
In 1998, she and her boyfriend Larry ran an upscale Italian restaurant in New Jersey called Pazzo Pazzo.
With other women, Fisher co-founded Discovery Through Design which has raised almost a million dollars for spinal cord research. She is also an organizer of Rolling with Style, a fashion show for women with disabilities.
The Morris County (New Jersey) Chamber of Commerce named Fisher "Female Legend of Morris County". She gave the keynote address at DiscoverAbility, the New Jersey Governor's Conference on Employment for People with Disabilities.
- "Philanthropy: Marilyn Hamilton helped establish the nonprofit organization Discovery Through Design". marilynhamilton.com. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- "Discovery through Design's Rolling with Style Gala Adds a Whole New Spin to Fashion Week". National Spinal Cord Injury Association. 15 February 2007. Archived from the original on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- Parker-Hope, Tara (26 March 2009). "Voices of Spinal Cord Injury". The New York Times blog. Retrieved 3 May 2010.
- 2011 MTHS Hall of Fame, Montville Township High School. Accessed March 29, 2012.
- Rouba, Kelly (2007). "New Jersey Governor's Conference on Employment for People with Disabilities". thisabled.com. Archived from the original on July 17, 2011. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- Rubin, Nadine (1 June 2006). "Overcoming the odds". Harpers Bazaar. Retrieved 3 May 2010.
- Edelman, Adam (13 February 2007). "Designers roll out their latest lines: Chic wheelchairs". USA Today. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- "Founders of Discovery Through Design". Sunrise Medical. Archived from the original on 27 February 2009. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- Rouba, Kelly. "Reinventing the Wheel with Style". United Spinal Association. Archived from the original on 15 March 2009. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- "'Rolling With Style' for a good cause". ABC Eyewitness News. 5 February 2007. Archived from the original on 29 June 2011. Retrieved 3 May 2010.
- "First New Jersey Governor's Conference on Employment for People with Disabilities". Press release. New Jersey Business Leadership Network. Archived from the original on September 8, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2012.