|Known for||Politics reporter for The Washington Post|
Ashley R. Parker (born 1982) is an American journalist, a Pulitzer prize winning White House reporter for The Washington Post, and senior political analyst for MSNBC. From 2011 to 2017 she was a Washington-based politics reporter for The New York Times. She lives in Bethesda, Maryland, where she grew up.
She has appeared on Washington Week on PBS, and she has also written for The New York Times Magazine. She covers many Republican Party candidates, elected officials, and topics. She also covers routine New York City topics and the White House. She also covered Chelsea Clinton's wedding for The New York Times.
Parker's photographs have appeared in Vanity Fair, and her writing has appeared in other publications, including The New York Sun, Glamour, The Huffington Post, Washingtonian, Chicago Magazine, and Life magazine.
She also has worked as a researcher for Maureen Dowd, a columnist for The New York Times.
Parker grew up in Bethesda, Maryland, and attended Walt Whitman High School, where she was a member of the class of 2001 along with Andrew Feinberg, the former White House correspondent for Sputnik, the Russian state-owned news agency. She also spent part of her junior year at La Universidad de Sevilla in Spain and is nearly fluent in Spanish.
In 2005, she received a bachelor's degree from the University of Pennsylvania, where she majored in English (Creative Writing concentration) and Communications in English, where she had been a Benjamin Franklin Scholar, and where, during her senior year, she was awarded the Nora Magid Mentorship Prize in writing. Ashley Parker also completed internships with The New York Sun and the Gaithersburg Gazette, which is owned by The Washington Post, and has served as features editor and writer at both 34th Street and the Daily Pennsylvanian, the independent student newspaper for the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
After college at University of Pennsylvania, Parker interned at the Gaithersburg Gazette and reported on local government, including city planning meetings.
- Ashley R. Parker's Twitter account - @AshleyRParker
- Ashley R. Parker's Twitter account page
- LinkedIn profile page for Ashley Parker (registration required)
- City Burroughs Blog postings by Ashley Parker
- Nora Magid Mentorship Prize Winner Announced - Ashley Parker, includes short minibio
- Ashley Parker (July 13, 2012), "Cheneys Host Fund-Raiser for Romney in Wyoming" The New York Times "The Caucus" blog
- Posts published by Ashley Parker (419 Results) The Politics and Government Blog of The New York Times, accessed 12/6/2014
- Parker, A. (May 19, 2011), "J.F.K. Bus Collision Kills One. The New York Times
- Parker, A. (July 24, 2010), "Clinton wedding is leaving some feeling left out", The New York Times
- Articles by Ashley Parker on The Huffington Post
- profile of Ashley Parker, ZoomInfo
- Abby Ohlheiser (April 14, 2017). "5 questions for a Washington Post reporter whose eyebrows became a meme". The Washington Post: The Intersect. Retrieved April 16, 2017.
- Mighty Writers interview with Ashley Parker: Know Your (Grown Up) Mighty Writers: Ashley Parker, accessed 12/6/2014
- Wolk, Andy. "Alumni Visitors Series". upenn. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- Nora Magid Mentorship Prize
- "Penn alumna makes a name for herself in journalism". The Daily Pennsylvanian. February 10, 2011.