August 6, 1977|
Little Rock, Arkansas
|Spouse(s)||Leon Chase (2015-present)|
Ashlie Atkinson (born August 6, 1977) is an American actress. Ashlie studied acting at The Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theater in New York City.
Atkinson was born in Little Rock, Arkansas. She moved to New York at age 17 and attended Barnard College. After a year, she returned to Arkansas and graduated from Hendrix College in 2001 with a degree in political science and religion.
She was seen by director Jace Alexander when she performed in a Neighborhood Playhouse school showcase, which led to her appearances in Law & Order and Rescue Me. While on hiatus between the 2004 and 2005 seasons of Rescue Me, she starred as Helen, the sweet-faced, plus-size librarian in Neil LaBute's 2004 play Fat Pig, for which she won a Theatre World Award for 'Outstanding Off-Broadway Debut', as well as receiving nominations for both a Lucille Lortel Award and an Outer Critics Circle Award. She also appeared in a Broadway revival of The Ritz in 2007. Atkinson's film and television credits include Inside Man, Margot at the Wedding, Another Gay Movie, Law & Order and Rescue Me.
In 2006 Atkinson became the face of a fictional character called Chunky Pam. Pam was featured in a Christmas promotion for MTV called XXXLMAS, a Valentine's Day promotion called Pampered, and a one-off music video titled Dirrrty Jerzy, in which she raps about being from New Jersey.
Atkinson stars as 'Dakota Prentiss' in a 14-episode noir science fiction thriller podcast called Steal the Stars (2017), the story of two government employees guarding the biggest secret in the world: a crashed UFO.
Partial list of theater credits
- The 24 Hour Plays (2005)
- Fat Pig (2005)
- Making Marilyn (2005)
- The Butcher of Baraboo (2005)
- The Ritz (2007)
Awards & nominations
- 2005, won Theatre World Award for 'Outstanding Off-Broadway Debut' for Fat Pig
- 2005, nominated, Lucille Lortel Award for 'Outstanding Lead Actress' Fat Pig
- 2005, nominated, Outer Critics Circle Award for Fat Pig
- Law & Order (1 episode, 2004) (TV)
- Acting Class (2005)
- Rescue Me (6 episodes, 2004–2005) (TV)
- Filthy Gorgeous (2006) (TV)
- The Wedding Album (2006) (TV)
- Inside Man (2006)
- Another Gay Movie (2006)
- Puccini for Beginners (2006)
- 3 lbs. (2 episodes, 2006) (TV)
- Me and Lee? (2007)
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (1 episode, 2007) (TV)
- Margot at the Wedding (2007)
- The Guitar (2008)
- Quid Pro Quo (2008/I)
- Another Gay Sequel: Gays Gone Wild! (2008)
- Last Call (2008/I)
- The Unusuals (1 episode, 2009) (TV)
- The Invention of Lying (2009)
- Hungry Years (2009)
- When the Evening Comes (2009)
- BearCity (2009)
- All Good Things (2009)
- 13 (2010)
- An Invisible Sign of My Own (2010)
- Louie (1 episode, 2010)
- Compliance (2012)
- Cold Comes the Night (2013)
- The Wolf Of Wall Street (2013)
- Us & Them (2014) (TV)
- Nurse Jackie (1 episode, 2014) (TV)
- Bull (2018) (TV)
- BlacKkKlansman (2018)
- Elementary (2 episodes, 2014-2018) (TV)
- Park, Ed (December 14, 2004). "Neil LaBute finds there's more to love and hate with full-figured characters". Village Voice. Retrieved September 12, 2009.
- Zinoman, Jason (November 25, 2005). "The Listings: Nov. 25 – Dec. 1; Ashlie Atkinson". The New York Times. Retrieved September 8, 2009.
- "Fat Pig, awards and nominations". MCC Theater. Retrieved September 12, 2009.
- "Previous Theater World Award recipients: 2004–2005". Theatre World Awards. Retrieved September 12, 2009.
- staff (September 14, 2007). "Fat Pig's Ashlie Atkinson Joins Cast of The Ritz; Comedy Delays One Day". Broadway.com. Retrieved September 12, 2009.
- Lipton, Brian Scott (September 14, 2007). "Ashlie Atkinson Joins The Ritz; First Preview Cancelled". Theater Mania. Retrieved September 8, 2009.
- Shanker, Wendy. "Live a Well Rounded Life". Amaze. Retrieved September 8, 2009.