This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||12 November 1942|
|Residence||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Alma mater||Asian Institute of Management, REC Roorkee|
|Occupation||Chairman and Co-Founder: Happiest Minds Technologies|
Ashok Soota (born 12 November 1942) is an Indian IT entrepreneur who served for more than 30 years in the IT industry. He is a serial entrepreneur and the executive chairman and co-founder of Happiest Minds Technologies
Early life and education
Ashok Soota was born on 12 November 1942 in Delhi. He completed his Senior Cambridge and Inter Science at La Martinere, Lucknow in 1958 and 1960 respectively. He obtained his B.E. (Electronics) degree in 1964 from the University of Roorkee (now IIT Roorkee). He later pursued his MBA from the Asian Institute of Management, Manila, Philippines (1973).
Soota spent early years of his career with the Shriram Group of Industries in India in 1965. He served as President of Wipro Infotech from 1984 to 1999. Under his watch, Wipro’s IT business grew from US $2 million in 1984 to a US $500 million run-rate in 1999.
- He received the Prof S N Mitra Award from the Indian National Academy of Engineering and the Golden Peacock Award for Technology Leadership.
- At the 2008 World Summit on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (WSIE), he received the "Most Innovative People" award bestowed on the world’s top 10 luminaries. Soota’s recognition was in the field of Knowledge Innovation.
- Express IT Awards: Soota wins Lifetime Achievement Award 2016
- He was recognized as ‘IT Man of the Year’, and ‘Electronics Man of the Year’.
- CyberMedia ICT Business Awards 2018
Soota is the founding chief patron of the Samarthanam Trust for the Disabled. He is the founding trustee for Ashirvadam, an NGO focused on the environment and support for the needy, including in terms of their education, vocational training and medical support.
- Talgeri, Kunal (19 June 2017). "Meet Ashok Soota, this 74-year-old believes IT still has the zing". The Economic Times. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- Soota, Ashok; Gopalan, S. R. (2016). Entrepreneurship Simplified: From Idea to IPO. Penguin UK. ISBN 9789385990151.
- E Kumar, Sharma (17 January 2017). "IT firms must embrace newer technologies at a faster pace: Ashok Soota". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- Roy, Subir (25 October 2011). "Lunch with BS: Ashok Soota". Business Standard India. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- "TiEcon Kerala 2016-Kerala's largest Entrepreneurs Convention". tieconkerala.org. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "MBA in Asian Institute of Management - News in India, www.winentrance.com". www.winentrance.com. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "The Smart CEO Startup | Speakers". startup50.in. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "Ashok Soota M.B.A, B.E: Executive Profile & Biography - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- Talgeri, Kunal (29 June 2017). "Meet Ashok Soota, this 74-year-old believes IT still has the zing". Economic Times. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- "SmartCEO - Industries - IT, ITeS and Outsourcing - The MindTree Way". www.thesmartceo.in. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "Ashok Soota venture to be called MindTree Consultancy - CIOL". CIOL. 17 August 1999. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "Ashok Soota received Golden Peacock Award for Technology Leadership 2010". goldenpeacockaward.com. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Most innovative people award for Ashok Soota". 3 April 2008.
- "Express IT Awards: Ashok Soota wins Lifetime Achievement Award 2016". The Financial Express. 6 December 2016. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Ashok Soota". ceo.siliconindia.com. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "e Information Systems, Security and Audit Association" (PDF).
- "CyberMedia ICT Business Awards 2018 Winners: Bhavish Aggarwal, Ashok Soota, Dr. Gulshan Rai, and A.P. HotaDATAQUEST". www.dqindia.com. Retrieved 2018-05-29.
- "For the Disabled, by the DisabledDATAQUEST". www.dqindia.com. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "I'm a migrant, this is my city - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 27 June 2017.