||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Residence||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Alma mater||Asian Institute of Management|
|Occupation||Chairman and Co-Founder: Happiest Minds Technologies Pvt. Ltd|
Ashok Soota (born 12 November 1942) is an Indian IT entrepreneur having served for more than 30 years in the IT industry. He is a serial entrepreneur and presently, the Executive Chairman and Co-Founder of Happiest Minds Technologies.
Ashok Soota has been recognized twice as ‘IT Man of the Year’, and as ‘Electronics Man of the Year’. He was also recognized at INFOCOM 2013, Kolkata, as one of the 12 Gems who helped to build Indian IT Industry.
Early life & education
Ashok Soota was born on 12 November 1942 in Delhi. He completed his Senior Cambridge and Inter Science at La Martinere, Lucknow in 1958 and 1960 respectively. He obtained his B.E. (Electronics) degree in 1964 from the University of Roorkee (now IIT Roorkee). He later pursued his MBA from the Asian Institute of Management, Manila, Philippines (1973).
Soota spent early years of his career with the Shriram Group of Industries in India in 1965. He served as President of Wipro Infotech from 1984 to 1999. Under his watch, Wipro’s IT business grew from US $2 million in 1984 to a US $500 million run-rate in 1999.
After achieving this milestone, Soota co-founded Mindtree in 1999 which during his leadership became a global entity with revenue of US $350 million, 9000 employees, and offices across the Americas, Europe and Asia. 
- He has received the Prof S N Mitra Award from the Indian National Academy of Engineering and the Golden Peacock Award for Technology Leadership.
- At the 2008 World Summit on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (WSIE), he received the “Most Innovative People” award bestowed on the world’s top 10 luminaries. Soota’s recognition was in the field of Knowledge Innovation.
Soota is the founding chief patron of the Samarthanam Trust for the Disabled. He is the Founding Trustee for Ashirvadam, an NGO focused on the environment and support for the needy, including in terms of their education, vocational training and medical support.
- Ashok, Soota. http://www.happiestminds.com/about-us/leadership-team/ashok-soota. Missing or empty
|title=(help); External link in
- "e Information Systems, Security and Audit Association" (PDF).
- "The 12th Edition of INFOCOM 2013 honours the 'IFOCOM 12 IT Gems of India'" (PDF). http://www.niit.com. External link in
- "Co-founder Ashok Soota to quit MindTree". Jan 28, 2011.
- "Prof S N Mitra Award". http://www.inae.in/sn_mitra_memorial_award.html. External link in
- "Most innovative people award for Ashok Soota". Apr 3, 2008.
- "Founding Trustee for Ashirvadam Trust (NGO)".