|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: AHT|
FTSE 100 Component
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Chris Cole, Chairman |
Geoff Drabble, CEO
|Revenue||£2,901.2 million (2017)|
|£869.3 million (2017)|
|£501.0 million (2017)|
Ashtead Group plc is a British industrial equipment rental company formerly based in Leatherhead, Surrey, but which has since moved to new offices in the City of London. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Ashtead was founded in 1947, in the village of Ashtead, Surrey, as Ashtead Plant and Tool Hire. In 1986, it was first listed on the London Stock Exchange. In 1990, it bought Sunbelt Rentals. In October 2006, it acquired NationsRent Inc for $1bn. In June 2008, it sold Ashtead Technology in a management buyout deal.
Ashtead Group has made many acquisitions over the years and now comprises of several divisions. Its most recent acquisition was of Astra Site Services, which was purchased in a deal worth approximately £6 Million.
The company operates internationally, servicing customers in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom. It hires out large industrial items such as aerial work platforms, backhoes, excavators and forklift trucks, and smaller equipment such as power saws, ladders, and pumps.
Approximately 85% of its revenue is generated in the United States through the subsidiary Sunbelt Rentals, currently present in six hundred locations across the United States and Canada.
A-Plant, formerly known as Ashtead Plant, is present in over 185 locations throughout the United Kingdom and has the following divisions:
- A-Plant, Plant
- A-Plant, Accommodation
- Astra Site Services, Excavator Attachments
- FLG Services, Lifting and Handling Specialists
- Hoist-It LTD
- GB Access
- Hewden Industrial, equipment hire to the petrochemical industry
- Leada Acrow
- Live Trakway
- Mather+Stuart Power Solutions
- PSS Hire
- Rapid Climate Control
- Tool Hire Express
- A-Plant, Powered Access
- A-Plant Customer Training Solutions
- A-Plant, Rail
- A-Plant, Lux Traffic Systems
- Opti-cal Survey Equipment (Survey Hire Express)
- "Annual Report 2017" (PDF). Ashtead Group. Retrieved 25 February 2018.
- "Our history". Ashtead Group. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Sunbelt and NationsRent to merge". Construction Equipment. 1 October 2006. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Ashtead sells Ashtead Technology Rentals to MBO Team for £95.6m". Reuters. 23 June 2008. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "AHT Profile & Executives - Ashtead Group PLC". Bloomberg. Retrieved 15 March 2015.