Ashton Township, Lee County, Illinois
Location in Lee County
Lee County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 7, 1867|
|• Supervisor||Karen E. Bolen|
|• Total||17.83 sq mi (46.2 km2)|
|• Land||17.81 sq mi (46.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2) 0.11%|
|Elevation||830 ft (253 m)|
|• Density||66.5/sq mi (25.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61006, 61031|
|GNIS feature ID||0428611|
Ashton Township is one of twenty-two townships in Lee County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,185 and it contained 520 housing units. Ashton Township was originally formed as Ogle Township from Bradford Township on February 12, 1861; the name was changed to Ashton on November 7, 1867.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 17.83 square miles (46.2 km2), of which 17.81 square miles (46.1 km2) (or 99.89%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.11%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains Ashton Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Swords Heliport
- Ashton Community Unit School District 275
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 90
- State Senate District 45
- "Ashton Township, Lee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-11-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||LaFayette Township, Ogle County||Flagg Township, Ogle County|
|Taylor Township, Ogle County||Reynolds Township|
|Franklin Grove Township||Bradford Township|