California, United States
Biography and Career
Ashu has performed solo concerts throughout Great Britain, Finland, Norway, Russia, South Africa, New Zealand, Switzerland, France, Germany, Austria, Portugal, French West Indies, Kyrgyzstan, Poland, Bulgaria, Estonia, Canada, and the USA.
Ashu has been praised by critics for his charismatic and communicative performance style. The Chicago Tribune stated that he "possesses a deep musicality which pours through his playing and hooks the audience" and the Dallas Morning News claimed "he’s just as much fun to watch as to listen to." 
He has performed recitals and concertos with orchestras at venues including Carnegie Hall, Vienna Konzerthaus, Zurich Tonhalle, and New York's Central Park. Recent invitations include the Vienna Chamber Orchestra, Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, St. Petersburg Chamber Philharmonic, Montreal Chamber Orchestra, Cape Town Philharmonic, Lapland Chamber Orchestra, New Symphony Orchestra, Metropolitan Orchestra of Lisbon, La Jolla Music Society, and Kravis Center.
Ashu currently is based in the Chicago area. On several occasions he has expressed his influence and admiration for artists including Luciano Pavarotti, Jascha Heifetz, and Frank Sinatra. Ashu also arranges works for saxophone which he performs in his concerts.
Awards and successes
Winner: International Musical Olympus Festival “Audience Award” (St. Petersburg, Russia), Salon De Virtuosi Career Grant (NYC), Houston Symphony Concerto Competition, Keweenaw Symphony Concerto Competition, Skokie Valley Symphony Concerto Competition, W.A.F.A Concerto Competition, Interlochen Governor's Scholarship, (Grand Prize) Houston Symphony Alice Flores-Smith Competition, Northwestern University Concerto Competition.
First Prizes: American Opera Society Competition, International Heida Hermanns Competition, National Federation of Music Clubs Competition, National Midland-Odessa Competition, International Kingsville Wind Instrumentalist Competition, National Lennox Competition, National George S. Howard Competition, National Alliance for Excellence Competition.
- "Sunday Times: Blowin' with the Orchestra". http://www.timeslive.co.za. Retrieved 23 December 2012. External link in
- "Naumburg Orchestral Concerts at NY Central Park". www.naumburgconcerts.org. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "San Francisco Classical Voice". www.sfcv.com. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "CBS". www.cbslocal.com. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Ashu Interviews". www.ashuonline.com. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Playbill Arts". www.playbillarts.com. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Awards & Competitions Wins". www.ashuonline.com. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Musical Olympus Foundation". www.musicalolympus.org. Retrieved 23 December 2012.