Ashwaubenon High School
|Ashwaubenon High School|
2391 S. Ridge Rd.
|Motto||Big enough to serve you-small enough to know you|
|School district||Ashwaubenon School District|
|Color(s)||Green and Yellow|
|Rival||Bay Port High School|
|Website||Ashwaubenon School District|
In 2008, the school made national and international headlines after it was discovered that a 33-year old mother of two had disguised herself as her teenage daughter and enrolled as a sophomore, attending classes for one day and being admitted to the cheerleading program before being caught. The story was later adapted in 2019 into a Lifetime movie entitled Identity Theft of a Cheerleader, starring Gail O'Grady.
In 2017, the school again made national headlines after a parent who thought a student dressed as a stormtrooper from Star Wars for May the Fourth (Star Wars Day) was a threat to the school, resulting in an evacuation. A nearby middle school and community center were also placed on lockdown during the incident..
Ashwaubenon High School offers Advanced Placement (AP) classes, which about a third of students take.
AHS is 79 percent white, 6 percent Hispanic, 4 percent Native American, three percent black, and two percent Asian. Six percent of students identify as a part of two or more races.
The Ashwaubenon Jaguar football team won the WIAA Division 2 state championship in 1996, 2000, 2001, and 2005. The softball team won four Division 1 state championships, in 1992, 1993, 1994, and 2006.
The Ashwaubenon Jaguaress dance team has won two WACPC state championship titles, 2014 D2 Pom and 2018 D1 Kick.
- Joel Hodgson (1978), writer, television producer, and creator of Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Adam Koch (2006), basketball player
- Aaron Stecker, NFL running back
- Mike Taylor (2008), professional football player
- Christian Wolanin (2013), NHL player
- Boneske, Kevin (May 31, 2019). "Ashwaubenon principal Nelsen preparing to retire". The Press Times. Multi Media Channels. Retrieved July 1, 2019.
- "Ashwaubenon High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 16, 2019.
- Nelsen, Brian. "Welcome to Ashwaubenon High School". Ashwaubenon School District. Ashwaubenon School District. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
- Maysh, Jeffrey. "Why One Woman Pretended to Be a High-School Cheerleader". The Atlantic. Retrieved 11 September 2019.
- Curry Reyes, Traciy. "'Identity Theft Of A Cheerleader': Lifetime Movie Based On What True Story?—Wendy Brown Cheerleading Mom Scandal". TV News. Retrieved 11 September 2019.
- Segarra, Lisa Marie. "Star Wars Day: Darth Vader Costume Causes School Evacuation". Time. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- "Ashwaubenon High Test Scores". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Ashwaubenon High School Student Body". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Year-by-Year Results - Ashwaubenon Jaguars Football (Green Bay, WI)". MaxPreps. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Softball - History". Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-03-31. Retrieved 2018-10-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Schuller, Kris. "New Ashwaubenon PAC to offer year-round programming". WFRV. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- Warren Gerds (December 17, 2007). "'MST3K' guys are starting another chapter with more movies to spoof". Green Bay Press-Gazette. Retrieved 2008-01-31.[dead link]
- "Adam Koch Real GM profile" (Press release). RealGM.com. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- Ernest Hooper (May 23, 2000). "Stecker's trek may end at NFL". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Four Members of the Green Bay Packers Bid for NFL Europe" (Press release). Green Bay Packers. June 8, 2000. Archived from the original on March 13, 2005. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "CHRISTIAN WOLANIN". undsports.com. Retrieved April 23, 2018.