Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall
|Area||9.74 km2 (3.76 sq mi)|
|• Density||77/km2 (200/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk, situated some 6 km south-east of Wymondham and 20 km south-west of Norwich. The parish includes the villages of Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall, which lie about 1 km apart, although rather farther by road.
The civil parish has an area of 9.74 km2 and in the 2001 census had a population of 756 in 301 households, the population falling to 750 at the 2011 Census. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of South Norfolk. Fundenhall was a separate parish until it was annexed by Ashwellthorpe in 1935. The combined parish was known as Ashwellthorpe until 2003, when it adopted its current name.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- ^ Ordnance Survey (1999). OS Explorer Map 237 - Norwich. ISBN 0-319-21868-6.
- ^ Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council (2001). Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes. Retrieved December 2, 2005.
- ^ Visions of Britain. Fundenhall CP/AP Norfolk through time. Retrieved November 4, 2005.
- ^ Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (2004). Bulletin of Changes to Local Authority Areas and Names in England. Retrieved December 6, 2005.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall.|
- for Ashwellthorpe.
- Information from Genuki Norfolk on Ashwellthorpe.
- for Fundenhall.
- Information from Genuki Norfolk on Fundenhall.
- Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall
- Community website for Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall Local information on Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall.