Asia's Next Top Model (season 3)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Asia's Next Top Model (season 3)|
Season 3 cast
|Country of origin||Singapore|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original network||STAR World|
|Original release||March 25 – June 17, 2015|
|No. of contestants||14|
The third season of Asia's Next Top Model aired from March to June 2015. Nadya Hutagalung confirmed that she would not be returning for season three. She was replaced by Filipino model and TV personality Georgina Wilson. Joey Mead-King returned to the judging panel for the third time, while Australia's Next Top Model judge and fashion designer Alex Perry also joined the show as a new judge.
The season featured 14 contestants, three from Indonesia and the Philippines, two from Hong Kong and Malaysia, and one each from Japan, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. Nepal was once again unrepresented. China, India, South Korea, and Taiwan were also not represented this season. The show was filmed in Singapore once again.
The prize package for this season included a brand new Subaru XV STI, the chance of becoming the new face of TRESemmé for one of their 2015 campaigns, the chance to appear in a spread and on the cover of Harper's Bazaar Singapore and a modeling contract with Storm Model Management in London.
The winner of the competition was 23-year-old Ayu Gani from Indonesia.
- October 4 & 5 at Resorts World Manila, Manila
- October 10 at JW Marriott, Jakarta
- October 11 at ION Sky Level 56, ION Orchard, Singapore City
Contestants were also encouraged to apply for the competition online if they were unable to make an appearance at the live auditions.
(Ages stated are at start of contest)
|Malaysia||Shareeta Selvaraj||24||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)||Episode 1||14|
|Thailand||Kiana Guyon||20||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Episode 2||13|
|Indonesia||Rani Ramadhany||20||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Episode 3||12|
|Hong Kong||Lorretta Chow||26||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)||Episode 4||11–10|
|Vietnam||Celine Duong||18||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Philippines||Franchesca Lagua||23||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)||Episode 5||9|
|Malaysia||Melissa Tan||27||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Episode 7||8|
|Hong Kong||KB Barlow||25||1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)||Episode 8||7|
|Indonesia||Tahlia Raji||18||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Episode 9||6|
|Philippines||Amanda Chan||17||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||Episode 11||5|
|Japan||Barbara Katsuki||27||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Episode 12||4|
|Singapore||Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw||19||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Episode 13||3|
|Philippines||Monika Sta. Maria||23||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||2|
|Indonesia||Ayu Gani||23||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||1|
- Georgina Wilson (host)
- Joey Mead King
- Alex Perry
|Title||Original air date|
|27||1||"The Girl in a Spin"||25 March 2015|
The 14 finalists moved into the model home before meeting host Georgina Wilson and Joey Mead-King for an evaluation of their runway walks. They later had a turntable runway challenge under the watchful eye of model agent Marina Fairfax, where Barbara was chosen as the winner. For the photo shoot, the models were photographed amidst a jungle setting wearing high-end swimwear. At elimination, Celine and Shareeta landed in the bottom two, and Shareeta became the first contestant to be sent home.
|28||2||"The Girl with K-POP Fever"||1 April 2015|
The contestants had a brief styling lesson before practicing a choreography for the newest single of the K-POP group, Tahiti. They later performed in had a flash mob for tourists in Clarke Quay, where Aimee, Franchesca, and Melissa were chosen as the winners. For the photo shoot, the models were divided into separate teams and had to pose as musical groups whilst embodying a specific style. At elimination, Melissa, Celine, and Gani received a joint first call-out, and Kiana was chosen as the second contestant to leave the competition.
|29||3||"The Girl Who Dreads a Makeover"||8 April 2015|
The remaining 12 contestants received makeovers, and had a jewelry photo shoot with photographer Olaf Mueller for Temptations Jewelry. At elimination, Rani became the third contestant to leave the competition.
|30||4||"The Girl with a Broken Heart"||15 April 2015|
The contestants took part in a challenge, won by Loretta, where the goal was to re-create makeup looks based on trends of the spring/summer 2015 season. They later had a romantic photo shoot at Manhattan Bar with model William Highwind, wearing designs by Peter Som. At panel, Celine and Loretta left the competition in a surprise double elimination.
|31||5||"The Girl with a Killer Smile"||22 April 2015|
The contestants attended a workshop that taught them how to master a picture-perfect smile, and later had an acting class with Indonesian TV Personality Daniel Mananta in preparation for a challenge, won by Barbara, where they had to win over strangers with their smiles to convince them to take a selfie. At the photo shoot, the models had to pose in a mock advertising campaign for Closeup Diamond Attraction, and at elimination, Franchesca became the sixth contestant to leave the competition
|32||6||"The Girl Who Ran Out of Luck"||29 April 2015|
The remaining contestants were driven to Kyō, where they met Joey Mead-King and the fashion director of Zalora Meghna Mistry, for a timed styling challenge which was won by Tahlia. As part of her prize, she was allowed to steal five minutes from Monika's session at the upcoming photo shoot, which involved being photographed with multiple outfit changes in a lookbook for Zalora. At elimination, Barbara and Monika were allowed to remain in the competition after landing in the bottom two. As a punishment however, they were given only ten frames for the next photo shoot.
|33||7||"The Girl Who Finally Cracks"||6 May 2015|
The contestants had a posing challenge in which Melissa was deemed to be the best performer. They were later introduced to the CEO of Subaru, Glenn Tan, and former contestants Jodilly Pendre and Natalie Pickles in time for a photo shoot in which they had to pose alongside a Subaru whilst wearing nothing but body paint. At elimination, Melissa became the seventh contestant to leave the competition.
|34||8||"The Girl on a Mission"||13 May 2015|
The contestants took part in a timed challenge to recreate the latest runway hair trends of the season with products from TRESemmé, where Monika was chosen as the winner, and was granted immunity from the upcoming elimination. Host Georgina Wilson later paid the models a visit, and had a talk with Tahlia regarding her breast cancer scare earlier in the episode. At the photo shoot, the contestants were styled with designs by Rajo Laurel in a mock campaign for TRESemmé. At elimination, KB became the eighth contestant to leave the competition.
|35||9||"The Girl Who Flew To The Top"||20 May 2015|
The contestants had a sparring session with Brazilian jiu-jitsu World Champion, Bruno Pucci and ONE Fighting Championship Vice President, Rich Franklin. They later had an MMA challenge with Ming Leong, which was won by Barbara. For the photo shoot, the models were suspended in the air while wearing Alex Perry gowns. At elimination, Tahlia became the ninth contestant to leave the competition.
|36||10||"The Girl in the Driver's Seat"||27 May 2015|
The remaining five contestants were taken to the Port of Singapore and boarded the Mariner of the Seas, where it was revealed that the four contestants who made it past the week's elimination would be travelling on the ship for the next leg of the competition. The models then had a timed catwalk challenge, won by Aimee, and later had to shoot a motion editorial for the Subaru Forester with Peter Wery as their director. At elimination, Amanda and Barbara landed in the bottom two, but the episode ended in a cliffhanger, and the elimination was postponed until the following episode.
|37||11||"The Final Four Revealed"||3 June 2015|
The episode's previous elimination resumed, with Amanda becoming the tenth contestant to be eliminated. The remaining contestants went on the cruise, and later reminisced about moments in the competition before having one-on-one conversations with Joey Mead-King and Georgina Wilson regarding their individual journeys on the show.
|38||12||"The Cover Girl"||10 June 2015|
The final four moved into their new home at Villa Du Jardin, and later had a go-sees challenge with clients from POIS, Braun Büffel and Triumph, where Barbara and Monika were deemed to be the best performers. On set, the contestants had to pose in a mock cover photo shoot for Harper's Bazaar, with each model embodying a different decade. At elimination, Barbara became the eleventh contestant to be eliminated, leaving Aimee, Gani, and Monika as the three remaining finalists.
|39||13||"The Girl on Top"||17 June 2015|
The final three had a final couture photo shoot in front of the Fullerton Hotel, and later took part in a final runway show at CHIJMES hall alongside some of the previously eliminated contestants. After reviewing all of the material throughout the season and sitting down for a final deliberation, Gani was crowned as the third winner of Asia's Next Top Model.
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant was part of a non-elimination bottom two
- The contestant was immune from elimination
- The contestant won the competition
- In episode 2, Celine, Gani and Melissa were collectively called first as a group. This episode also featured a bottom three, as opposed to the usual bottom two.
- In episode 4, Celine, Franchesca and Lorretta landed in the bottom three. Franchesca was deemed safe, leaving Celine and Lorretta in danger of elimination. Georgina handedly revealed a blank photo, eliminating both contestants from the competition.
- In episode 6, Barbara and Monika landed in the bottom two. Neither of them were eliminated.
- In episode 8, Monika was immune from elimination for winning that week's challenge.
- In episode 10, Amanda and Barbara landed in the bottom two. The episode ended in a cliffhanger and their fate remained unknown until the beginning of episode 11, where it was revealed that Amanda was eliminated from the competition. No other elimination took place. Instead, the episode covered one-on-one conversations of the girls with Georgina and their journey to the top four.
- Ayu was referred to by her surname, Gani, on the show.
- "FOX International Channels Commissions Season 3 of Asia's Next Top Model". CASBAA.
- "Asia's Next Top Model to return to StarWorld". Mumbrella.
- "Georgina Wilson to host 'Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 3'". The Philippine Star. November 7, 2014.
- "Georgina to host 'Asia's Next Top Model'". ABS-CBNnews.com. November 8, 2014.
- "Georgina Wilson host Asia's Next Top Model Season 3!". Pilipinas Daily. November 8, 2014.
- "Tyra Banks wishes Georgina Wilson "good luck" as she hosts Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 3". Philippine Entertainment Portal. November 28, 2014.
- "'Asia's Next Top Model' Returns With New Host Georgina Wilson; Judge Alex Perry Talks Dressing Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid". Beauty World News. November 10, 2014.
- "Open Casting Events". Asia's Next Top Model 3 - Fox International Channels.
- "Casting Call For Asia's Next Top Model Season 3". Superadrianme. October 8, 2014.
- "Asia's Next Top Model Season 3 Casting Call In Singapore (11 Oct)". Darrensim.com. October 9, 2014.
- "Asia's Next Top Model Casting Call". Cattle Call Auditions.
- "Online Casting". Asia's Next Top Model 3 - Fox International Channels.
- "Shareeta". STAR World. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Kiana". STAR World. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Rani". STAR World. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Lorretta". STAR World. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Celine". STAR World. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Franchesca". STAR World. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Melissa". STAR World. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "KB". STAR World. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Tahlia". STAR World. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Amanda". STAR World. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Barbara". STAR World. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Aimee". STAR World. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Monika". STAR World. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Gani". STAR World. Retrieved 25 March 2015.