Asia's Next Top Model (season 4)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Asia's Next Top Model (season 4)|
Season 4 cast
|No. of contestants||14|
|Country of origin||Singapore|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original network||STAR World|
|Original release||March 9 –|
June 1, 2016
The fourth season of Asia's Next Top Model aired from March to June 2016 on STAR World. The judging panel for this season was completely replaced; Thai model Cindy Bishop was appointed as host and head judge, and Indonesian model Kelly Tandiono as a model mentor and judge. Yu Tsai joined the show as its creative consultant.
The season featured 14 contestants, three from the Philippines, two from Indonesia and Thailand, and one each from Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Singapore, South Korea and Vietnam. China, India, Japan, Nepal and Taiwan were unrepresented.
The prize package for this season included a Subaru XV, a position as the face of TRESemmé, a cover and fashion spread in Harper's Bazaar Singapore and a modeling contract with Storm Model Management in London.
Casting calls were held in three countries, listed below;
- September 20 at JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta, Jakarta
- September 26 at Pangea, Kaos City of Dreams, Manila
- October 3 at Space Convention Centre, Bangkok
Contestants were also encouraged to apply for the competition online if they were unable to make an appearance at the live auditions.
(Ages stated are at start of contest)
|Thailand||Maya Goldman||22||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Episode 1||14|
|Mongolia||Tugs Saruul||24||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)||Episode 2||13|
|Vietnam||Mai Ngo Quynh[a]||20||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Episode 3||12|
|Philippines||Gwen Ruais||25||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)||Episode 4||11|
|Philippines||Alaiza Malinao||21||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||10 (quit)|
|Hong Kong||Jessica Lam||21||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||Episode 5||9|
|Indonesia||Aldilla Zahraa||23||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Episode 6||8|
|Myanmar||May Htet Aung||17||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Episode 7||7|
|Malaysia||Tuti Noor||24||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Episode 9||6|
|Singapore||Angie Watkins||19||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)||Episode 10||5|
|Philippines||Julian Flores||25||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)||Episode 12||4|
|South Korea||Sang In Kim||23||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||Episode 13||3–2|
|Indonesia||Patricia Gunawan||25||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Thailand||Tawan Kedkong||20||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||1|
- Cindy Bishop (host)
- Kelly Tandiono
- Yu Tsai
|Title||Original air date|
|40||1||"The Girl Who Had No Bed"||9 March 2016|
The fourteen finalists converged at the Singapore Sports Hub in Kallang, and after being introduced to the judges, had a challenge on a sloping runway. The winner of the challenge was revealed to be Patricia, with Maya being eliminated for having received the lowest score. The models later had a mod-themed photo shoot inspired by a Melvin Sokolsky editorial in Harper's Bazaar. At panel, Gwen was eliminated when she landed in the bottom two with Angie, but was allowed to remain in the competition.
|41||2||"The Girl Who Bounced Back"||16 March 2016|
The contestants were taken to a trampoline park for a training session and challenge with Derrick Siu, won by Angie, where Jessica was left unable to participate after an ankle injury. They later had a photo shoot in which they had to pose gracefully in mid-air while jumping on a trampoline. At elimination, Jessica and Tugs landed in the bottom two. In spite of not having received a challenge score, Jessica managed to remain in the competition, and Tugs became the second contestant to leave the competition.
|42||3||"The Girl Who Got Cut"||23 March 2016|
The remaining 12 contestants received makeovers, and later had a simplistic photo shoot with photographer Joel Lim in which they had to have multiple photos taken in order to create their first professional comp cards. At elimination, Mai Ngo was chosen as the third contestant to leave the competition.
|43||4||"The Girl Who Crashed And Burned"||30 March 2016|
The contestants had a session of paddle board yoga with Nicole Chung, and took on a challenge, won by Angie, in which they had to replicate Nicole's yoga poses on a surfboard while floating in the water. The models were later introduced to the CEO of Subaru, Glenn Tan, and former contestants Natalie Pickles and Monika Sta. Maria in time for a photo shoot in which they had to wear gowns whilst posing with a Subaru. At panel, Tawan was granted immunity for the next elimination for having received the highest score. Gwen and Aldilla were both eliminated from the competition after landing in the bottom three with Sang In, but in a dramatic turn of events, Aldilla was allowed to stay after Alaiza decided to quit the competition.
|44||5||"The Girl Who Went To The Big Apple"||6 April 2016|
The contestants were taken to the Bugis+ shopping mall for a challenge in which they were asked to hold a pose for 30 minutes while they were styled by Thai fashion sensation Madaew (Apichet Atilattana), where Sang In was chosen as the winner. They were later taken to Universal Studios Singapore as part of a group photo shoot for Maybelline in which they had to pose together as New York 'it girls'. At panel, Jessica became the sixth contestant to leave the competition.
|45||6||"The Girl Who Fell Overboard"||13 April 2016|
The contestants were introduced to Zalora representative Meghna Mistry, and had a styling lesson and challenge centered around different color palettes where Tawan, Tuti, Julian and Aldilla were singled out as the best performers, with Tuti being chosen as the overall winner. They later had a photo shoot for Zalora on board a yacht as it traveled down the Singapore River. At elimination, Aldilla became the seventh contestant to leave the competition.
|46||7||"The Girl With The Diamond Smile"||20 April 2016|
The contestants were taken to the offices of Fox International Channels and Star World for a workshop on mastering different kinds of smiles before taking on an acting challenge with Filipino actor Tom Rodriguez, where Patricia was chosen as the winner. They later had a beauty photo shoot for Close-up alongside Indonesian model and actor Mike Lewis, and at elimination, May became the eighth contestant to leave the competition.
|47||8||"The Girl Who Drove Into The Spotlight"||27 April 2016|
The contestants had a go-sees challenge with several clients around the city in teams of two, in which Angie was chosen as the winner. They later had to shoot a music video campaign for the new Subaru XV, under the watchful eye of the CEO of Subaru, Glenn Tan. At panel, Tuti was eliminated when she landed in the bottom two with Sang In, but was allowed to remain in the competition.
|48||9||"The Girl Who Sank Without A Trace"||4 May 2016|
The contestants met fitness trainers Amirrudin Ong and Desmond Yeo for a workout and runway challenge at the ITE College East campus, where Tuti was deemed to be the best performer. They later met season three contestant Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw at a photo shoot for Neutrogena in which they were splashed with water, and had to embody the essence of some of the brand's products. At elimination, Tuti became the ninth contestant to leave the competition.
|49||10||"The Girl Who Tripped And Fell"||11 May 2016|
The remaining five contestants received a runway workshop in preparation for an upcoming challenge and photo shoot for TRESemmé, in which they had to walk down the runway and strike a pose at the end of the catwalk, with the results later being evaluated at panel. Julian was deemed as the best performer on the runway, and at elimination, Angie became the tenth contestant to leave the competition.
|50||11||"The Girl Who Had It Covered"||18 May 2016|
The contestants met social media expert Nicole Warne for tips on how to manage their Instagram accounts to increase their popularity. They later had a challenge in which they had to create video campaigns and photo montages of Sentosa Island, where Sang In was chosen as the winner. On set, the models were styled in designer labels for a mock cover photo shoot in Harper's Bazaar, for which they had to convey specific themes. At elimination, Patricia and Sang In received a joint first call-out. Julian and Tawan landed in the bottom two, but the episode ended in a cliffhanger, and the elimination was postponed until the following episode.
|51||12||"The Girl On The Road To The Grand Finale"||25 May 2016|
|The episode's previous elimination resumed, with Julian becoming the eleventh contestant to be eliminated, leaving Patricia, Sang In, and Tawan as the season's three remaining finalists. Much of the remaining episode was edited in the nature of a recap episode, with commentaries from the judges and the finalists intertwining between the scenes. The contestants were also interviewed by the editor-in-chief of Harper's Bazaar Singapore, Kenneth Goh, and received a surprise visit from some unexpected guests.|
|52||13||"The Girl Who Walked Away with Everything"||1 June 2016|
The finalists were visited by friends and family members before being treated to a day off from the competition. They later had a final composite photo shoot with photographer Joel Lim, in which they had to wear avant-garde designs by Filipino designer Happy Andrada. Afterwards, the models were rushed to the location of their final runway show, where they reunited with some of the previously eliminated contestants, wearing designs by Tex Saverio and Rajo Laurel. After the final deliberation, Tawan was crowned the fourth winner of Asia's Next Top Model.
|1||Tuti||Angie||Sang In||Tawan||May||Sang In||Patricia||Patricia||Sang In||Julian||Patricia
|2||Aldilla||Mai Ngo||Tuti||Angie||Sang In||Tuti||Tawan||Angie||Julian||Tawan||Patricia|
|5||Julian||Sang In||Jessica||Tuti||Tawan||Angie||Sang In||Sang In||Tawan||Angie|
- The contestant was eliminated outside of judging panel
- The contestant was eliminated but was saved
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant quit the competition
- The contestant was immune from elimination
- Two contestants simultaneously received best photo
- The contestant won the competition
(Total and average scores on the table only reflect scores calculated from the full sets added during panel)
- Indicates the contestant had the highest score that week
- Indicates the contestant was in the bottom that week
- Indicates the contestant was immune from elimination that week
- Indicates the contestant was originally eliminated that week, but was saved
- Indicates the contestant was eliminated outside of judging panel that week
- Indicates the contestant was eliminated that week
- Indicates the contestant quit the competition that week
- Indicates the contestant won the competition
- Mai Ngo previously participated in the fourth season of Vietnam's Next Top Model, where she placed eighteenth to fifteenth.
- In episode 1, Maya was eliminated for having the lowest challenge score. Gwen was originally eliminated from the competition but was saved due to Maya's elimination earlier in the episode.
- In episode 4, Aldilla, Gwen and Sang In landed in the bottom three. Gwen was the first contestant to be eliminated, followed by Aldilla. Alaiza decided to quit the competition immediately after Aldilla's elimination, saving Aldilla from elimination.
- In episode 5, Tawan was immune from elimination for having received the highest score in the previous episode.
- In episode 8, Tuti was originally eliminated, but was saved.
- In episode 11, Patricia was called first for having the highest score. Sang In was called next, but it was revealed that she had tied with Patricia for the best performance. Julian and Tawan landed in the bottom two. The episode ended in a cliffhanger and their fate remained unknown until the following episode. At the beginning of episode 12, it was revealed that Julian was eliminated from the competition. No other elimination took place. Instead, the episode covered conversations of the girls with Kenneth Goh and their journey to the final three.
- In episode 1, Tugs was called before Jessica during the elimination ceremony, despite the fact that she had a lower score, possibly due to an editing mistake with the scores displayed during the episode.
- In episode 1, Jessica was called after Tugs during the elimination ceremony, despite the fact that she had a higher score, possibly due to an editing mistake with the scores displayed during the episode.
- "Breaking: Jiratchaya "Tawan" Kedkong Wins Asia's Next Top Model Season 4!". Harper's Bazaar Singapore. June 1, 2016. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Open Casting Events". Asia's Next Top Model 4 - Fox International Channels. Archived from the original on December 18, 2015. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
- "Online Casting". Asia's Next Top Model 4 - Fox International Channels. Archived from the original on December 18, 2015. Retrieved September 4, 2015.
- "Models". Star World - Asia's Next Top Model. Archived from the original on February 27, 2016.
- "Maya". STAR World. Retrieved March 9, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Tugs". STAR World. Retrieved March 9, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Mai Ngo". STAR World. Retrieved March 9, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Gwen". STAR World. Retrieved March 9, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Alaiza". STAR World. Retrieved March 9, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Jessica". STAR World. Retrieved March 9, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Aldilla". STAR World. Retrieved March 9, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "May". STAR World. Retrieved March 9, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Tuti". STAR World. Retrieved March 9, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Angie". STAR World. Retrieved March 9, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Julian". STAR World. Retrieved March 9, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Sang In". STAR World. Retrieved March 9, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Patricia". STAR World. Retrieved March 9, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Tawan". STAR World. Retrieved March 9, 2016.[permanent dead link]