|Parent company||Asia Plus Media Group|
|Country of origin||Tajikistan|
|Publication types||Tajikistan Economic Review
History and profile
Asia-Plus news agency was established in 1995 and started its activity in English and in Russian in 1996. It is privately owned and the owner is the Asia Plus Media Group. The agency is based in Dushanbe and started a weekly paper, Asia Plus in 2000. It also publishes Tajikistan Economic Review, a monthly, and Asia-Plus Blitz, a newsletter published in weekdays. It has an independent political leaning.
In June 2012, the website of the agency was cut allegedly by the Tajik authorities. A month later the authorities again banned the website in addition to those of Russia’s RIA Novosti news agency and BBC’s website in Russian.
- "About Us". Asia-Plus Media Group. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Internet Access Cut To Leading Private Tajik News Agency". Radio Free Europe. Dushanbe. 13 June 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- Kogan Page (2003). Asia and Pacific Review 2003/04. Kogan Page Publishers. p. 331. ISBN 978-0-7494-4063-3. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Media Partners". Institute for War and Peace Reporting. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Tajik News". Travel Tajikistan. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Asia Plus to receive radio license". Committee to Protect Journalists. New York. 31 July 2002. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- Malavika Jagannathan (3 August 2012). "Threats to the Open Net: August 3, 2012". OpenNet Initiative. Retrieved 3 February 2014.