Overview of the AsiaWorld–Expo.
|Address||Cheong Wing Rd|
Chek Lap Kok, Lantau Island
|Location||Hong Kong International Airport|
|Owner||Hong Kong SAR Government|
|Operator||AsiaWorld–Expo Management, Ltd.|
|Built||29 March 2004|
|Opened||21 December 2005|
3,800 (Runway 11)
5,000 (AsiaWorld-Summit [Hall 2])
|• Exhibit hall floor||70,000 square metres (750,000 sq ft)|
|• Breakout/meeting||1,143 square metres (12,300 sq ft)|
|• Ballroom||32,340 square metres (348,100 sq ft)|
|Public transit access||AsiaWorld–Expo Station|
The AsiaWorld–Expo is one of the two major convention and exhibition facilities in Hong Kong along with Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. It was opened on 21 December 2005 by Donald Tsang, the second Chief executive of Hong Kong, and it is operated by AsiaWorld–Expo Management Limited. It is located on Chek Lap Kok island, next to the Hong Kong International Airport.
At a construction cost of HK$2.35 billion, AsiaWorld–Expo has over 70,000 square metres of space with 10 ground-level and column-free halls, including the AsiaWorld–Arena – the biggest purpose-built indoor seated entertainment arena in Hong Kong with a maximum capacity of 14,000; the AsiaWorld–Summit – Hong Kong's largest indoor conference venue that seats 700 to 5,000 persons; the Runway 11 – the venue's latest conference and function hall for 500 to 3,800 guests.
AsiaWorld–Expo is also an award-winning venue. In 2017, the arena is awarded the "Best International Venue" at the Exhibition News Awards.
- The Arena (Hall 1)
- AsiaWorld-Summit (Hall 2)
- Typical Halls (Halls 3–11)
- VIVA (Halls 8 & 10)
- Runway 11 (Hall 11)
- Meeting & Hospitality Centre
AsiaWorld–Expo is next to the airport, visitors can walk to the venue in a short distance. The venue is next to the AsiaWorld–Expo station, on the Airport Express of the Hong Kong MTR. Buses and coach from Mainland China are also available.
Most road signs directing to AsiaWorld-Expo simply refer to the venue as "Expo".
Exhibitions and events
The halls of AsiaWorld–Expo, mainly AsiaWorld–Arena and VIVA, have been used for various entertainment events. They have staged concerts by acts such as Oasis, Michael Bublé, Eric Clapton, Il Divo, Coldplay, David Guetta, Madonna, Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue, Alicia Keys, Björk, Avril Lavigne, Bruno Mars, One Direction, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Jennifer Lopez, Maroon 5, Lily Allen, Ariana Grande, Westlife, Christina Aguilera, Plácido Domingo, Ayumi Hamasaki, Deep Purple, Green Day, Wonder Girls, Girls' Generation, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Namie Amuro, Stone Roses, Super Junior, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Imagine Dragons, X Japan, Smashing Pumpkins, Big Bang, 2NE1, G-Dragon, JYJ, Exo, BTS, GOT7, Monsta X, 5 Seconds of Summer, Katy Perry, Metallica, Jessie J, Shane Filan of Westlife, Guns N' Roses, Above & Beyond, Black Pink, and many more.
- "AsiaWorld–Expo Transportation: Private Car and Taxi". Archived from the original on 10 April 2014. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "AsiaWorld-Expo Crowned 'Best International Venue' – News Archives ICCA Member Press Releases ICCA". iccaworld.org. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- AsiaWorld-Expo. "Venues Listings | AsiaWorld-Expo". www.asiaworld-expo.com. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- Typical road sign directing to "Expo". https://www.flickr.com/photos/raymondyue/8298021961/player/fabfcbd4b1. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- concert date: 25 February 2006
- concert date: 17 January 2007
- concert dates: 22 January 2007 and 26 September 2009
- concert date: 18 March 2015
- "AsiaWorld–Expo Concerts". Archived from the original on 19 July 2010. Retrieved 28 July 2010.
- Christina Aguilera Back to Basics Concert Tour
- concert date: 1 March 2008
- concert dates: 20–21 September 2008
- concert date: 10 May 2010
- concert date: 16 January 2010
- concert date: 17 December 2010
- concert date: 15 January 2012
- concert date: 3 March 2012
- concert date: 16 March 2012
- concert date: 24 July 2012
- concert date: 15–16 June 2012
- "G-Dragon 2017 World Tour". YG Entertainment. 26 June 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AsiaWorld-Expo.|