ANX (Hong Kong company)
|Headquarters||18/F, CNT Tower, 338 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong|
|Founder(s)||Ken Lo, Dave Chapman, Hugh Madden|
|Industry||FinTech, Blockchain Solution, Digital Assets|
ANX INTERNATIONAL (formerly known as Asia Nexgen) is a Hong Kong-based financial technology company that provides solutions based on blockchain technology. The company serves over 3 million users in more than 50 countries and has processed over 100 million transactions since its establishment. In 2016, ANX launched ANX Blockchain Services (ABS), which is a cloud platform for customers to generate digital assets, digital wallets, and branded exchange platforms.
ANX International was founded in 2013 by Ken Lo, Dave Chapman and Hugh Madden. Lo now serves as Chief Executive Officer, Chapman serves as Chief Operating Officer, and Madden serves as Chief Technology Officer.
In February 2014, the company launched the world's first digital assets physical retail store in Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong, allowing buyers to walk into the store, pay cash and send digital assets to their virtual wallets instead of buying with credit cards on online exchanges.
In March 2014, ANX International announced the launch of digital asset ATMs, which were the first digital asset ATMs in Hong Kong. The machines accept deposits of Hong Kong dollars in exchange for digital assets.
In July 2014, ANX introduced one of the first digital asset debit cards that can be used worldwide at any merchant that support the respective payment networks. To remedy the situation of digital assets not being widely accepted, ANX merged digital assets with traditional card payments. Users can reload funds to the debit cards with digital assets and the card can then be used for both online and Point of Sale purchases, as well as withdrawals through the Global AT&T Network. In June 2017, AXN International’s OpenANX ICO raised $14 million over sale of 22 million OAX tokens.
Major Products and Services
ANX Blockchain Services (ABS)
Launched in May 2016, ANX Blockchain Services is a cloud platform built on blockchain technology, which can be implemented across a wide range of industries. It is a self-service platform for users to create digital assets, digital wallets, and branded exchange platforms. Potential applications include loyalty programs, payment applications, token systems, voucher systems, coupon applications, registry systems and more. ABS requires no software installation and is free to use. Users can create unique customised digital assets to suit their business needs and determine how many digital assets to create. Digital wallets and exchange platforms can be customised with company logo, colour scheme, and personalised content, allowing digital assets to be sent and received within the network. Added-on managed services are also available for ABS users.
Digital Assets White Label Solutions
Digital Assets White Label Solutions include technical development, infrastructure hosting, maintenance and security, customer support, payment processing, distribution, and regulatory compliance. ANX provides digital assets exchange setup, coin development, API for custom digital assets, mobile app and wallet services.
ANX operates a digital assets exchange platform called ANXPRO. It originated from ANXBTC and is designed for experienced digital assets traders, specialising in Altcoins, Algos and Performance. The order engine delivers pre-scan pricing and users can choose to either fix the quantity of digital assets or fix the price paid for every order. The trading platform is modelled on the same LMAX/disruptor pattern leveraged by the world’s largest investment banks. It also features one consolidated shared order book for blended multi-currency settlement in addition to real time FX pricing and risk management. ANX developed a white-label digital currency exchange based on ANXPRO's trading platform for Bit-X Financial Corp., a Canadian company listed on the OTC.QB under the trading symbol BITXF. 
ANX Vault App
In April 2014, ANX Vault App was launched on the App Store and Google Play Store. Users can login their ANXPRO account via a mobile interface using the app. It features high security encryption, one-time passwords, and send privilege controls. The app relies on industrial strength security standards, including a three-factor authentication optical. It supports major fiat currencies and digital assets. All customer funds are held in cold storage for protection against hackers. ANX works with a leading provider of DDoS protection services, and multi-firewall protection is also implemented into services. All servers are hosted in a Tier 3 compliant data centre.
ANX Payment Solutions offer transaction acquiring services and digital asset debit card payout solutions. ANX is one of the first digital assets exchanges in Hong Kong to officially be issued the Money Services Operator (MSO) license, providing day-to-day foreign exchange services for worldwide markets.
Next Commerce Solutions
ANX Next Commerce Solutions offer customers advisory services and managed services, including customised digital asset solutions, technological advices, regulatory compliance, systems administration, customer service and more.
In November 2014, ANX acquired Norwegian exchange Justcoin, expanding its presence in the European market. Justcoin moved to run on ANX infrastructure and incorporated features available from ANX technology. ANX was able to migrate the Justcoin platform in "less than a week" with proprietary trading engine and white-label capabilities.
In January 2015, ANX announced the acquisition of CoinMkt, the Santa Monica-based digital assets exchange. CoinMkt continued to operate under its original brand name, but resided under the umbrella of ANX.
The Payment Processing specialist Vogogo signed an agreement with ANXPRO and The Rock Trading Company of Malta, a Maltese-based exchanges, in December 2014. Rock Trading and ANXPRO will be integrated with Vogogo's payment processing and risk management platform, enabling each to offer users their respective platform's transactions between digital assets and fiat currencies in the US, Canada and the European Union.
In January 2015, ANX added "Black Gold" Coin, which was launched by National Aten Coin. Clients in National Aten Coin (NAC) will have instant access to ANXPRO's UI, shared order book for multi-currency settlement, real time FX pricing, deposit options and risk management and trading tools.
In October 2016, ANX became one of the first joiners of the Multichain partner program for blockchain developers, along with Accenture, D+H, Mphasis and more. The program is designed to foster the relationship between Multichain and the growing number of IT consulting companies and blockchain solution providers building on the platform.
- "Best Coin Exchange » ANXBTC". bestcoinexchange.com. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "ANX International Offers Front-To-Back Solutions That Can Make Working With Bitcoin Easier". Cointelegraph. 21 November 2015.
- "About Us | ANX INTERNATIONAL". anxintl.com. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "ANX Blockchain Services | ABS". abs.anxintl.com. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "'World's first' Bitcoin shop opens doors in Hong Kong". The Straits Times. 2014-02-28. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Bitcoin ATMs Open in Singapore". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Bitcoin exchange opens in Hong Kong - CNN Video, retrieved 2017-01-25
- A Look at the World's First Bitcoin Shop, Bloomberg.com, retrieved 2017-01-25
- "Three companies set to launch bitcoin ATMs in Hong Kong within days". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Justice, Adam (2014-03-13). "Hong Kong Company Launches City's First Bitcoin ATM". International Business Times UK. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Hong Kong Exchange ANX Launches Bitcoin Debit Card". CoinDesk. July 15, 2014. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- "ANX Issues World's First Bitcoin Debit Card". CoinTelegraph. July 13, 2014. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- "ANX Issues World's First Bitcoin Debit Card". CoinTelegraph. 13 July 2014. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Keiser Report: (Dis-)harmony with Cash (E702)". Youtube. RT Keiser Report. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "ANX International's OpenANX ICO Raises Over $14 Million on Day One". 2017-06-25. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "ANX Launches The World's First Free and Instant Access to Blockchain Applications - Press Release". CoinDesk. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "ANX launches free instant access to blockchain applications | Computerworld Hong Kong". Computerworld Hong Kong. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "ANX Launches The World's First Free and Instant Access to Blockchain Applications". Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Kastelein, Richard (2016-05-18). "Hong Kong's ANX International to launch Free, Instant Blockchain Service". Blockchain News. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Startup Touts Blockchain Exchange That's as Simple as E-Mail". Bloomberg. 2016-05-17. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "White Label | ANX INTERNATIONAL". anxintl.com. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Homepage". anxpro.com. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "About ANXPRO". anxpro.com. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "ANX to Develop White-Label Digital Currency Exchange for Bit-X". Cointelegraph. 2 April 2015.
- "ANX Vault: Your Bitcoin Wallet on the App Store". App Store. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "ANX Vault: Your Bitcoin Wallet - Android Apps on Google Play". Google Play Store. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Millet, Author Jonathan (2014-07-29). "ANX Vault App For iOS Enables Send/Receive Functionality". NEWSBTC. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "How to prevent bitcoin hacking". CNBC. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Payment Solutions | ANX INTERNATIONAL". anxintl.com. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Search Licensee Register List - Money Service Operators Licensing System -Money Service Operators Licensing System". Customs and Excise Department (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 2015-06-30. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Next Commerce Solutions | ANX INTERNATIONAL". anxintl.com. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Justcoin Rights Acquired by ANX Hong Kong Bitcoin Company". CryptoCoinsNews. 2014-11-21. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "ANX Acquires Justcoin, Incorporates Platform within a Week". CoinTelegraph. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Honk Kong Bitcoin Exchange ANX Acquires CoinMKT". NEWSBTC. 2015-01-27. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Hong Kong Exchange ANX Chases US Market with CoinMKT Acquisition". CoinDesk. 2015-01-27. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Bitcoin Exchanges ANXPro and Rock Trading Integrate with Vogogo". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Vogogo to Handle Payments for ANXPro, the Rock Trading Company | Finance Magnates". Finance Magnates | Financial and business news. 2014-12-07. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Bitcoin Exchanges ANXPro and Rock Trading Integrate with Vogogo". Marketwired. 2014-12-05. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- "ANXPRO Exchange To Include Aten "Black Gold" Coin In 2015 | Business Wire". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- ""Anti-Money Laundering Coin" to Become Available for Trade on ANXPRO | Finance Magnates". Finance Magnates | Financial and business news. 2015-01-27. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "ANXPRO Exchange To Include Aten "Black Gold" Coin In 2015". Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "First MultiChain Partners Announced | MultiChain". www.multichain.com. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "MultiChain Platform Partners | MultiChain". www.multichain.com. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- Kastelein, Richard (2016-10-27). "First MultiChain Partners Announced". Blockchain News. Retrieved 2017-01-26.