||It has been suggested that Asia Times Online be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since June 2017.|
Asia Times is the current iteration of what was once Asia Times Online, a direct descendant of the print publication that closed in 1995. Asia Times Holdings Limited is a media conglomerate based in Hong Kong, with outposts on several continents. It includes Asia Times, the English-language publication launched in 1995 (now exclusively online); and P³, a production company that provides strategic counsel to, and produces content and branded advertising for, elite clients worldwide.
Many reporters from Asia Times print news edition continued their careers as journalists, and a group of those contributors created Asia Times Online as a successor to Asia Times.The word "Online" is no longer part of the website news portal.
Asia Times came under new ownership and management in early 2015. It is now published and run by a small group of investors who purchased the site. It is noteworthy as the only all-digital, pan-Asian site aimed specifically at English-speaking users.
The new publisher is Asia Times Holdings Limited, registered in Hong Kong. The site offers news and commentary by distinguished analysts and correspondents, spanning the spectrum of Asian issues and the global issues that intersect with them. As the successor to the Asia Times newspaper, it draws on a generation of editorial experience and an extensive network of contributors. In 2016, the Board of Directors named veteran economist Uwe von Parpart as Editor. David P. Goldman, the well-known American economist and author, contributes online essays for Asia Times under the pseudonym Spengler.
Former Editor in Chief Doug Tsuruoka is now Editor at Large.
- "Asia Times". Small Wars Journal. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "ASIA TIMES Trademark of Asia Times Online (Holdings) Limited - Registration Number 4691772 - Serial Number 86328077". Justia Trademarks. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "About Asia Times". Asia Times. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- Duthel: https://books.google.de/books?id=oM3DBwAAQBAJ&pg=PT230&lpg=PT230
- "David P. Goldman - Tablet Magazine – Jewish News and Politics, Jewish Arts and Culture, Jewish Life and Religion". www.tabletmag.com. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- Asia Times Online website of successor online newspaper
|This Asian newspaper–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|