Asia University (Japan)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
(Self-help and Cooperation)
|Students||7,006 (May 1, 2014)|
|Address||5-24-10 Sakai, Musashino-shi, Tokyo 180-8629, Japan, Musashino, Tokyo, Japan|
The Asia University of Japan (亜細亜大学 Ajia Daigaku) is a private university located in Musashino, Tokyo, Japan that offers courses in Business Administration, Economics, Law, International Relations, and Urban Innovation.
The university was founded in 1941 by Kozo Ota as Koa Senmon Gakko (Koa Professional School) on the site of the present Asia University campus. Ota believed that education should be based on a spiritual closeness between teachers and students. It was a unique school at the time, as it accommodated all students in dormitories divided by course of study; Continental Asia, Southern Pacific Islands and Japan ("Homeland").
It shares its name with another university located in Taiwan.
The University produced an animated short, in 2015, to promote its Department of Urban Innovation.
Second tier Japanese University (First tier is highest and third tier is lowest ranking)
- Faculty of Business
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of International Relations(IR)
- Students in their first year are required to study abroad (see the section Studying Abroad)
- From their 2nd year, students start to learn one of the foreign languages(Arabic language, Chinese language, Hindi language, Indonesian language, (Japanese only for international students), Korean language, Spanish language) for region studies. In addition, the students each take a seminar class every year. Because of these systems, IR has smaller classes than the other faculties.
- Junior College
Center for English Language Education
The Asia University (AU) Center for English Language Education (CELE) is a department at Asia University, located in Musashino, Tokyo, Japan. Serving the university since 1989, CELE was founded by former AU President Professor Shinkichi Eto. CELE employs between 25-30 native English speakers as full-time lecturers.
- Freshman Orientation Camp(Deai no Hiroba)
- Sports Festival
- Asia Festival(School Festival)
- AUAP (Asia University America Program)
- All International Relations(IR) students(except its international students and Yume-College students) are required to study at one of following universities: Central Washington University (CWU), Eastern Washington University (EWU), Western Washington University (WWU) in Washington or the Arizona State University in Arizona, the United States of America, for 5 months in their 2nd year.
- If other students who wish to participate in this programme, it is open for them too in their 2nd year.
- AUCP (Asia University China Program)
- AUEP (Asia University Exchange Program)
- AUGP (Asia University Global Program)
Notable students and staff
- Shudo Higashinakano: Historian and professor of intellectual history who argues that the rape of Nanjing is a hoax.
- Becky: A popular television host, and occasional actress and singer.
- Aoi Nakamura: Actor
- Ai Kato: Actress
- Ayaka Nishiwaki: Member of technopop group Perfume.
- Risa Yoshiki: A glamour model, actress, celebrity, and enka singer.
- Hiromitsu Kitayama: Member of Johnny's Entertainment group Kis-My-Ft2
- Yoshihiko Kikuchi: leader in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-08-15. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- About Asia University: Origins and History Archived April 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine., retrieved on 18 August 2012.
- Center for English Language Education (CELE) Archived July 22, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.