Asia University (Taiwan)
Asia University Administration Building
|Motto||健康 · 關懷 · 創新 · 卓越|
Motto in English
|Health, Care, Innovation, Excellence|
|President||Jeffrey J.P. Tsai, Ph.D.|
|Website||asia.edu.tw (in Chinese) asia.edu.tw (in English)|
Asia University (AU; Chinese: 亞洲大學) is a university in Wufeng District, Taichung, Taiwan. Founded in 2001, it offers education for degrees in health and medical science, computer science and electrical engineering, creative design, management, and humanities and social sciences.
AU was founded with the goal of becoming an internationally competitive comprehensive university, and has been growing quickly since its creation. Specifically, being essentially a college with 17 departments and only about 2000 students when established in 2001, AU has become a medium-size university with 28 departments and more than 12,000 students in 2018.
Asia University (AU), initially with the name of Taichung Healthcare and Management College, was founded in August 2001 in Wufeng, Taichung, Taiwan by Chang-Hai Tsai and Tseng-lien Lin. On August 1, 2005, Taichung Healthcare and Management University was renamed "Asia University" under the authority of the Taiwan Ministry of Education.
Though being the youngest university in Taiwan, by great efforts put in school running in the past 17 years AU has outstanding achievements and so enters the lists of many global university rankings in the world. Specifically, AU has been ranked to be one of the best universities in the world or in Asia by four famous global university rankings: (1) THE: UK Times Higher Education World University Rankings; (2) ARWU: Academic Ranking of World Universities (originally by Shanghai Jiao Tong University); (3) US News: US News & World Report Global University Ranking; (4) QS - Asia: UK QS Global University Rankings in Asia
- College of Medical and Health Science
- Department of Healthcare Administration
- Department of Food Nutrition and Health Biotechnology
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Optometry
- Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology
- Department of Occupational Therapy
- Department of Post-Baccalaureate Veterinary Medicine
- College of Information and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Bioinformatics and Medical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Information Engineering
- Department of M-Commerce and Multimedia Applications
- Department of Photonics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Information Communication
- College of Management
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of International Business
- Department of Leisure and Recreation Management
- Department of Accounting and Information Systems
- Department of Finance
- Department of Financial and Economic Law
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Foreign Languages and Literature
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Early Childhood Education
- College of Creative Design
- Department of Digital Media Design
- Department of Visual Communication Design
- Department of Creative Product Design
- Department of Fashion Design
- Department of Interior Design
- International Degree Program of Design
- Creative Design and Invention Center
- College of Artificial Intelligence
- Center for Artificial Intelligence
- International College
- Center for Creative Leadership
- Center for International Academic Exchange
- Chinese Language Center
- Center for the Development of Language Teaching and Research
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Asia University (Taiwan).|
- "Motto & Insignia (in Chinese)". Asia U. Retrieved 2014-10-17.
- "Motto & Insignia". Asia U. Retrieved 2014-10-17.
- "A Glance at University Facts". Asia U. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "Asia University Founding History". Asia U. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "Asia University Founders". Asia U. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "Asia University in World Rankings". Asia U. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "Asia University Enters Four Famous World Rankings". Asia U. Retrieved 2018-12-18.