Asian Academy of Film & Television
Students of AAFT in Film city
|Location||Noida Film City, NCR, India
|Affiliations||Punjab Technical University, International Film & Television Research Center, Marwah Films & Video Studios, UGC|
The Asian Academy of Film & Television (AAFT) is a film school located in India's Noida Film City in India's Capital region, NCR. It is affiliated with the International Film & Television Research Center and the Marwah Films & Video Studios.
Approved as an international-level training center by City & Guilds in 2002, the school was the first of its kind to receive ISO 9001:2000 certification in the South Asian region. Originally conceived as an alternative option for aspiring visual media artists, the AAFT has subsequently established a notable reputation internationally, with students from as many as 55 countries continuing to enroll for a chance to join the 4000 alumni that the Academy boasts of in its promotional literature. The Asia-Europe Foundation has gone so far as to publicly state on the Internet that the AAFT is the "strongest media training centre in Asia".
Established in 1993, the AAFT continues to receive the support of an influential Board of Directors, including former Prime Minister of India, Sh. Deve Gowda, and film producer, Boney Kapoor. Additionally, the Academy has a long list of Members, Advisors and Foreign Advisors. Building upon its unorthodox philosophy, the film school has evolved as an institution that prides itself upon an effective balance of the practical and theoretical, using the term "holistic" as a descriptor on its website.
|“||AAFT is committed to excellence in film and television education and training so that its alumni, through their work, may make it a better world one day than it is today."||”|
AAFT Festival of Short Films
International Film and Television Club has its annual festival of short films. The festival is divided into films made in India and those made abroad. The winner gets an opportunity to make another short film at the cost of the center.
International Children's Film Forum
The International Children’s Film Forum (ICFF) was established by Sandeep Marwah, President of Marwah Studios, to support the government-funded Children’s Film Society of India’s task of producing, distributing and exhibiting films for children.
- culture360.org (12 June 2011). "Asian Academy Of Film & Television" (Web page). http://film.culture360.org/. Asia-Europe Foundation. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "RESOURCE DIRECTORY ASIAN ACADEMY OF FILM & TELEVISION" (Web page). SEA Images: Promoting film exchange between Asia and Europe. Asia-Europe Foundation. 2004. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "ABOUT US" (Web page). http://www.aaft.com/. Asian Academy of Film & TV Marwah Studios Complex. 2008–2009. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "ABOUT US: Mission Statement" (Web page). http://www.aaft.com/. Asian Academy of Film & TV Marwah Studios Complex. 2008–2009. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- The Asian Academy of Film & Television
- Sandeep Marwah
- Marwah Studios
- AAFT/ASMS photos from Yes! images 2007 Photo gallery
- International Film And Television Club