Asian College of Technology
|Asian Computer Institute (ACI)|
|Motto||Sapientia Est Potestas|
Motto in English
|Wisdom is Power|
|President||JOSEPH STEPHEN A. DESCALLAR, DM|
|Location||Cebu City, Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines|
|Campus||ACT - Cebu City Cyber Tower Campus, ACT - Bulacao Campus|
- Not to be confused with Asian College which was once known as Asian College of Science and Technology
It consists of two campuses located in Metro Cebu : the ACT - CyberTower Campus, which is the main campus located at corner Leon Kilat and P. del Rosario Streets in Cebu City, and the ACT - Bulacao Campus, located in Cebu South Road, Bulacao, Talisay City.
Asian Computer Institute (ACI), the precursor of Asian College of Technology (ACT), was established
on September 19, 1988 in the busy street of historic Colon at the heart of the booming City of
Cebu. Under the unrelenting leadership of its hands-on founder Rodrigo A. Abellanosa, the Institute
blazed its way to become the primary provider of computer literacy of the corporate workforce in
Cebu and nearby provinces which at the time were only starting to embrace the use of computer
technology in the offices.
The school was incorporated on May 14, 1992 as Asian College of Technology, Inc., paving the way
for the offering of post-secondary and collegiate courses that pioneered on hands-on oriented
computer science curriculum.
Asian College of Technology expanded its educational programs to the south of Cebu and Cebu
City with the establishment of ACT-Bulacao Campus in 1992. At present, the Campus hosts the
Integrated School composed of students from Preschool to Senior High School.
The ACT Integrated School (ACT-IS) was established in 1994 to seamlessly integrate the preschool
(playgroup, nursery, and kindergarten), grade school and high school curricula in order to promote
a progressive, advanced and holistic development of the child. Effectively adopting the Multiple
Intelligences approach that is tightly hinged on a strong character foundation, the ACT-IS has been
consistently and meticulously faithful in its avowed mission of providing quality education to the
In 2007, ACT reached greater heights with the construction of a half-billion-peso, 15-storey building
aptly called the ACT Cyber Tower. Powered by the technology of the future, this new home of ACT
Cebu City Campus is the most modern educational infrastructure at the hub of the bustling Cebu
In 2009 ACT established the CISCO Network Academy with De La Salle University as its regional
academy head. A specialized CISCO Laboratory was put in place and the standard CISCO training
program was incorporated in the curricula of Information Technology and Computer Science
programs. In 2010, the Innobento Animation and Game Development Laboratory was established in
partnership with UA Asia, a Japanese company, to train teachers and students advanced animation
and game development techniques. In March 2011, ACT concluded a MOA with Nexus–Net Fiber
Optics Incorporated to Jointly Establish the Fiber Optics Training Center for FOA Certification
From its inception as a purely computer school, ACT has diversified its curricular offerings to include
BS in Computer Science, BS in Information Technology, BS in Information Systems, BS in Computer
Engineering, BS in Hospitality Management, BS in Tourism Management, BS in Business
Administration, BS in Nursing, Bachelor of Secondary Education, Bachelor of Elementary Education,
Associate in Computer Technology, Computer Technician Course, Diploma in Practical Nursing,
Certificate in Caregiving, and complete Basic Education Programs.
ACT’s mission of developing highly competent and globally competitive individuals has been
validated by being awarded by the National Council for Product and Service Quality as the Best
Computer School-Metro Cebu in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008; the Best Computer School-Visayas in 2009
and the Best Computer School-National Level in 2010.
In May 2014, the Federation of Accrediting Agencies of the Philippines (FAAP) granted ACT
Candidate Status for its Elementary, High School, and Nursing Programs, and in January 2015 for its
Hospitality Management and Information Technology programs, for satisfactorily meeting the
standards and fulfilling all the requirements of the Philippine Association of Colleges and
Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA).
Certainly, ACT has come a long way in becoming a leading educational institution in Cebu and
Undergraduate Programs offered
- College of Arts, Sciences and Pedagogy
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Elementary Education Major in Preschool Education
- Bachelor of Elementary Education Major in General Education
- College of Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
- Associate in Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- College of Computer Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (Specializations in Network Technology, Animation & Game Development, Mobile Applications, Databases & Applications, Software Engineering, Web Technology, Media Design & Graphics)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information System
- Associate in Computer Technology
- College of Nursing and Allied Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Diploma in Practical Nursing
- Diploma in Caregiving
This track is taken by junior high students who plan to pursue college after graduating in Senior High.
- GAS (General Academic Strand) - A preparatory course for diverse college programs.
- HUMSS (Humanities and Social Sciences Strand) - Leading to college programs in Philosophy and Education.
- STEMS (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Strand) - Leading to college programs in Science, Information Technology, and Engineering.
- ABMS (Accountancy, Business and Management Strand) - Leading to college programs in Accountancy and Business Management.
TVL Track(Technical-Vocational-Livelihood Track)
This track is taken by junior high students who aim for employment or entrepreneurship after graduating in Senior High. They can still pursue college education but will not be credited in some minor subjects.
- HE (Home Economics)
- Bread and Pastry & Food and Beverage Services - Grade 11 students will be able to take TESDA NC II for Bread & Pastry and TESDA NC II Food and Beverage upon completion of the strands.
- Housekeeping & Tour Guiding - Grade 12 students will be able to take TESDA NC II Housekeeping and TESDA NC II Tour Guiding after completion of the strands.
- Caregiving - Students will be able to take TESDA NC II Caregiving after completion of the strand.
- ICT (Information Communication Technology)
- Hardware Servicing & Programming - Students will be able to take TESDA NC II Hardware Servicing and TESDA NC II Programming after completion of the strands.
- Technical Drafting & Animation - Students will be able to take TESDA NC II Technical Drafting and TESDA NC II Animation after completion of the strands.
Arts and Design Track
This track is taken by junior high students who possess and exhibit exemplary artistic inclination in the different fields in Arts.
- APS (Arts Production Strand) - This strand focuses in the development and enhancement of skills needed in the fields of Advertisement and Literary Arts.
- PAS (Performing Arts Strand) - This strand cultivates the passion of the child in the field of Performing Arts.
|President||JOSEPH STEPHEN A. DESCALLAR, DM|
|VP - Academics||MARK GIL G. JUMAO-AS, DM|
|VP - Administration||ERWIN T. VERANO, LLB.|
|VP - Instructional Technology and Resources||ADONES S. DEL SOCORRO, MAED|
|Director - Scholarships & Marketing||STELLA IRENE H. GALANO|
|Director - Student Welfare & Services||ANDRES S. GOTERA, MAED|
|Director - Research and Industry Linkage||JOEL E. ASUNCION, MBA|
|Dean - College of Arts, Sciences & Pedagogy||NEVA L. MANINGO, PhD|
|Dean - College of Computer Studies||LIEF JAY B. DE SAGUN, PhD|
|Dean - College of Business & Management||JEOVANE E. DIGAL, MBA|
|Associate Dean - College of Arts, Sciences & Pedagogy||RACHEL S. SEBIAL, MAT|
|Associate Dean - College of Business & Management||JOPHELYN C. GAMAYA, MBA|
|Principal - ACT Integrated School||FRANCISCA T. KILAG, EdD|
|Principal - Athenaeum International School||BEVERLIE B. ABELLA, MA|
|Academic Coordinator - ACT Integrated School||ANDRESA S. BULAWAN|
|Academic Coordinator - Athenaeum International School||MARY GRACE D. CARIQUITAN|
|Program Chair - ACT Senior High School||JERVIN T. ALEGADO, MAED|
|Head Librarian||EUFROSENA C. SABARRE, MLIS|
|Head Guidance Counselor||LUANNE KAY R. CLAMONTE, RGC|
|Chief Information Officer||REAGAN M. DESCARTIN|
|Chief Security Officer||NOEL S. RONQUILLO|
- "City Officials: Cebu City Government". cebucity.gov.ph.
- "Asian College of Technology -CASP". act.edu.ph. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- "Asian College of Technology - CBM". act.edu.ph. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- "Asian College of Technology - CCS". act.edu.ph. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- "Asian College of Technology - CNAP". act.edu.ph. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- "Asian College of Technology - Senior High". act.edu.ph. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- "Asian College of Technology - Administrative Officers". act.edu.ph. Retrieved 2017-06-17.