Asian School of Business Management
|Director||Prof. Biswajeet Pattanayak|
Asian School of Business Management (ASBM) was established in 2006 and it facilitates management education in Odisha. It was founded by Professor Dr. Biswajeet Pattanayak who is known to many for ‘Lagaan’- a movie which looked into IIM classrooms and corporate board rooms. ASBM courses are mostly in the fields of innovation, business intelligence and leadership skills.
Founder & Director
Prof. Biswajeet Pattanayak is the Founder Director of ASBM. He has Ph.D. and D.Litt in Organizational Behaviour, D.Sc. in Management Science and is a Fellow of All India Management Association (AIMA), New Delhi. The institution is headed by Shri Ravindra Chamaria who is the chairman and Mr. G. Upadhyaya who is the associate chairman.
Accreditation and Ranking
ASBM provides Post Graduate Diploma (PGDM) and Under Graduate Degree in Management  which is duly approved and recognized by AICTE. PGDM has accreditation by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and the Government of India. The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) recognizes ASBM’s PGDM as equivalent to MBA.
ASBM has academic collaborations with:
- California State University, USA
- St. Cloud University, United States
- Universidad Argentina de la Empresa
- North Carolina Central University (USA student exchange, research & internship).
BBA (Bachelor's in Business & Administration), recognised by Government of Odisha and affiliated to Utkal University
PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management)
This is a full-time 2 year residential programme. The course is AICTE approved and recognized by the Ministry of HRD and Government of India. The course comprises the core programme in the 1st year and the elective programme in the 2nd year. The course is designed for fresh graduates and candidates with some work experience.
- Excellence in Education award - 2013, by the Competition Success Review
- "Founder & Group Director, ASBM".
- "Global Management Course".
- "Full Time Postgraduate Diploma in Management" (PDF).
- "SAQS has positioned itself as Quality Assurance System representing the highest standard of achievement for management schools".
- "Schools Granted SAQS Accreditation".
- "AICTE-India" (PDF).
- "Diamond Eye award".