|Launched||18 January 2013|
|Owned by||Asian Group of Industries|
|Headquarters||Gulshan 1 Niketon, Dhaka|
|Apstar 7||3757 MHz, H, C-Band|
Asian TV (Bengali: এশিয়ান টিভি) is a satellite television channel in Bangladesh. It broadcasts a selection of general entertainment programming.
Asian TV was formed by businessman Harun-ur-Rashid, as part of his Asian Group of Industries, which also includes Asian Radio, Asian Textile, Asian Fabrics, and Asian Yarn Dyeing. The channel was awarded a license in 2010. It launched on 18 January 2013, after months of test transmissions.
Shortly before its launch, management announced that the station's programming would include "plays, reality shows, musical programmes, talk shows, cartoons etc." It started broadcasting the Bengali dub of Japanese cartoon series Doraemon in April 2014. Afsan Chowdhury, advisory editor for the Dhaka Courier, described the channel as politically independent, and wrote that it "markets low end entertainment products".
Asian TV Facebook Page: Asian TV Official
Asian TV Youtube Channel List:
- Asian TV HD
- Asian TV Music
- Asian TV Entertainment
- Asian TV Talkshow
- Asian TV News HD
- Asian TV Islamic Show
- Asian TV Drama
- Asian TV Health Tips
- "Asian Group chairman running for weavers' group Tanti League president". bdnews24.com. 14 March 2017.
- Islam, Shahidul (25 November 2013). "13 TV channels await approval". bdnews24.com.
- "Asian TV takes off". The Daily Star. 18 January 2013.
- আজ থেকে বাংলায় 'ডোরেমন' [From today, 'Doraemon']. Samakal (in Bengali). 1 April 2014. Archived from the original on 10 August 2017.
- Choudhury, Afsan (10 May 2019). "Bangladesh TV: Ownership patterns and market crisis". Dhaka Courier.
|This Bangladesh-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|