Asian Wings Airways
|Commenced operations||27 January 2011|
|Operating bases||Yangon International Airport|
|Company slogan||Fly beyond Your Dreams |
|Parent company||Asian Wings Airways, Limited|
|Key people||Lwin Moe (ED)|
Asian Wings Airways is owned and operated by Sun Far Travels and Tours Company, Limited.
All Nippon Airways announced in 2013 that it would purchase a 49% stake in Asian Wings Airways for around 3 billion Japanese yen, the first foreign investment in a Myanmar-based airline since democratization, but in 2014 ANA declared that its board of directors had agreed to cancel the investment citing “intensified” competition in the aviation sector.
As of June 2016 the airline serves the following destinations within Myanmar:
- Bhamo - Bhamo Airport
- Heho - Heho Airport
- Homalin - Homalin Airport
- Kalay - Kalaymyo Airport
- Kyaingtong - Kyaingtong Airport
- Kyaukpyu - Kyaukpyu Airport
- Lashio - Lashio Airport
- Mandalay - Mandalay International Airport Hub
- Monywa - Monywa Airport
- Myitkyina - Myitkyina Airport
- Tachilek - Tachilek Airport
- Yangon - Yangon International Airport Main Hub
As of July 2016 the Asian Wings Airways fleet consists of the following aircraft:
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- "Asian Wings Airways". Tourism Transparency. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- "ＡＮＡ、ミャンマーの中堅航空に出資へ アジア開拓". 日本経済新聞. 27 August 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Japan's ANA Cancels Investment in Burma's Asian Wings". The Irrawaddy. 30 July 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "Summer Flight Schedule: 1 June 2016-30 June 2016". asianwingsair.com. Asian Wings Airways. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- "Asian Wings Airways Fleet Details and History". planespotters.net. 6 July 2016. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
|This article relating to an Asian airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Myanmar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|