Asiana Airlines destinations
As of October 2016, Asiana Airlines offers regular passenger and cargo service to 90 destinations (except seasonal charter destinations) in total 26 countries from its two hub airports, Incheon International Airport and Gimpo International Airport in South Korea. It has particularly a well-developed network in East Asia, becoming one of the most prominent carriers in Korea-China and Korea-Japan routes, while also serving regular routes to a number of gateway cities in North America, Europe and Oceania. Outside South Korea, the countries with the largest number of airports served by Asiana Airlines are China with 24, Japan with 13 and United States with 10.
The company's future plan is to expand the scale of its long-haul services, mainly Korea-USA routes, pursuing a more competitive service for increasing commercial demands in northeast Asian countries. In 2012 interview, Yoon Young-doo (윤영두; 尹永斗), the company's then-president revealed that this expanding plan will focus on increasing the operational frequency of its established routes, rather than launching more long-haul services to new destinations.
As of July 2015, Asiana Airlines operates between Incheon and 22 cities in Mainland China, and along with Korean Air is one of the two largest foreign airlines to operate into the People's Republic of China.
|Passenger + Cargo|
Current destinations (passenger and cargo)
- "CEO&CEO 윤영두 아시아나항공 사장". news.mk.co.kr. August 6, 2012. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- "Asiana Airlines Sustainability Report 2012." (Archive) p. 12 (16/105). Retrieved on July 19, 2013.
- "Asiana Airlines Sustainability Report 2012 (in Korean)." (Archive) p. 12 (16/105). Retrieved on July 19, 2013.
- "Why Nearly Half of Asiana Passengers Were Chinese." The Wall Street Journal. July 7, 2013. Retrieved on July 19, 2013.
- OZ cargo schedule
- L, J (23 June 2015). "ASIANA AIRLINES Adds Astana Service from August 2015". Airline Route. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "Asiana Airlines Adds Rome Flights from late-June 2015". Airline Route. 19 March 2015. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "ASIANA AIRLINES Adds Sapporo Service from July 2016". airlineroute. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- Asiana freighter service to Calgary
- "Historical Timeline 1990-2005". Guam Visitors Bureau. Retrieved February 5, 2009.
- Asiana cargo launches Halifax
- "ASIANA Ends Matsuyama Service from late-Sep 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Asiana Airlines объявила о закрытии своего представительства во Владивостоке". RIA Prima-Media. 10 December 2015. Retrieved 10 December 2015.