Egyptian Arabic: [ʔɑsˁef]
|Language(s)||Arabic, Urdu, Bengali|
|Region of origin||Arabia|
|Alternative spelling||Asef, Assif, Assef|
Asif (also spelled Assif or Assef, Arabic: اصف) is an Arabic masculine given name (used as well as in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh) meaning is "forgiveness" it may refer to:
- In antiquity
- Asif bin Barkhiya, described in the 27th Chapter of the Qur'an, transported the throne of the Queen of Sheba.
- In modern times
- Asif Akbar, Bangladeshi singer.
- Asif Ali, Indian film actor(Malayalam)
- Asef Bayat, Iranian sociologist
- Asif Din, English cricketer
- Asif Farrukhi, Pakistani doctor, writer and translator
- Asif Ismail, Indian tennis player
- Asif Kapadia, English film director
- Asif Maharammov, Azerbaijani Lieutenant colonel and National Hero of Azerbaijan
- Asif Nawaz, Pakistani general
- Asif Noorani, Pakaistani newspaper and television writer
- Assef Shawkat, Syrian general
- Asef Soltanzadeh, Afghan writer
- Asif iqbal, Pakistani cricketer
- Asif Bashir Bhagat, Pakistani politician.
- Asif Ali (disambiguation), multiple people
- Asif Iqbal. PHD in heatitis C.
Asif Ahmad, a British diplomat
- K. Asif, Indian film director
- Khawaja Muhammad Asif, Pakistani politician
- Mohammad Asif, Pakistan cricketer
- Asif Patel, Android Engineer, Surat
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name or the same family name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|