Asim K. Duttaroy (born July 8, 1955) is an Indian born American medical scientist who, since 2001, works as a Professor at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway. He was born in Gopinagar (Gangnapur), Nadia district, West Bengal, India.
Duttaroy is the author of over 200 research papers and book chapters, has authored or edited several books, and also holds several international patents. His research contributions have led to several industrial developments worldwide such as Provexis. Duttaroy, while he worked as Professor (1990-2001) at the Rowett Research Institute at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom, discovered that an extract from tomato had a positive effect in the prevention of blood platelet aggregation.
Another area of his research has been the investigation of the fatty acid transport system in human placenta and its roles in placental preferential transfer of critically important nutrients such as docosahexaenoic acid,22:6n-3 (DHA) and arachidonic acid,20:4n-6 (ARA) from the mother to the fetus.
Duttaroy serves as Editor-In-Chief of the peer reviewed journal Food & Nutrition Research, which has an Impact factor of 3.226. Duttaroy serves on the editorial boards of several other journals, including Prostaglandins Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids, Nutrients, and European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology.
- Cellular Proteins and Their Fatty Acids in Health and Disease
- Human Placental Trophoblasts: Impact of Maternal Nutrition
- Early Nutrition and Lifestyle Factors: Effects on First Trimester Placenta
- Human Blood Platelet Function: Applications in Cardiovascular Health
- "Asim K. Duttaroy- Institute of Basic Medical Sciences". uio.no. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "Research Gate: Asim K. Duttaroy". uio.no. Retrieved 6 August 2016.
- "Asim K. Duttaroy- Home Page".[self-published source]
- "Provexis- Home Page".
- "Recent Achievements, Rowett Institute". Retrieved 21 August 2018.
- O'Kennedy, N; Crosbie, L; Van Lieshout, M; Broom, J. I.; Webb, D. J.; Duttaroy, A. K. (2006). "Effects of antiplatelet components of tomato extract on platelet function in vitro and ex vivo: A time-course cannulation study in healthy humans". The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 84 (3): 570–9. PMID 16960171.
- Duttaroy, Asim K. "Fruitflow". Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health - University of Aberdeen. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- Duttaroy, A (2009). "Transport of fatty acids across the human placenta: A review". Progress in Lipid Research. 48 (1): 52–61. doi:10.1016/j.plipres.2008.11.001. PMID 19041341.
- "Editorial Team". foodandnutritionresearch.net. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "Editorial Team". Prostaglandins Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "Editorial Team". Nutrients. Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- "Editorial Team". European journal of Lipid Science and technology. Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- Duttaroy, Asim K.; Spener, Friedrich (October 2017). Cellular Proteins and Their Fatty Acids in Health and Disease. Wiley-VCH, Germany. pp. 1–478. ISBN 978-3-527-60528-6.
- Duttaroy, Asim K.; Basak, Sanjay (October 2017). Human Placental Trophoblasts: Impact of Maternal Nutrition. CRC Press, USA. pp. 1–437. ISBN 978-1-4822-5428-0.
- Duttaroy, Asim K.; Basak, Sanjay (October 2017). Early Nutrition and Lifestyle Factors: Effects on First Trimester Placenta. Springer. pp. 1–159. ISBN 978-3-319-38802-1.
- Duttaroy, Asim K. (June 2018). Human Blood Platelet Function: Applications in Cardiovascular Health. Wiley. pp. 1–300. ISBN 978-1-119-37601-9.