|Written in||Python (Django)|
|Type||Web-based Q&A system|
|License||GPL3 or later|
Askbot is an open source question and answer oriented Internet forum started on July 2009, similar to Stack Overflow or Yahoo! Answers. Based on CNPROG and some code written for OSQA, it is primarily developed and maintained by Evgeny Fadeev.
Large open source software projects like Fedora and LibreOffice use it as their main Q&A website. Askbot can be easily installed by using the documentation on Ubuntu and CentOS. The Document Foundation put some funds in AskBot development.
- OSQA - an open source application written in Python (Django)
- Shapado - an open source application written in Ruby
- Stack Overflow
- Q&A software
- "ASKBOT on GitHub". Retrieved 2015-04-07.
- "Askbot". Fedora Project Wiki. Retrieved 2015-04-07.
- "CNProg: A Django Q&A system with community features". Retrieved 2015-04-07.
- "An open source Q&A(question and answer) eco-system". Retrieved 2015-04-07.
- "ASKBOT people". Retrieved 2015-04-07.
- Raha, Gopal. "How to Install and Configure AskBot".
- "Bod minutes from 2014-09-01".
The budget for the AskBot improvements will be topped up by 2.000 €, to foster further improvements.
|This free-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|