Asking for Flowers
|Asking for Flowers|
|Studio album by Kathleen Edwards|
|Released||March 4, 2008|
|Genre||Country, rock, pop|
|Label||MapleMusic Recordings (CDA)
Zoë Records (US)
|Kathleen Edwards chronology|
|The Music Box|||
|Pitchfork Media||(7.9/10) |
Asking for Flowers is the third studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Kathleen Edwards. The album was released March 4, 2008, and was well received by critics, similarly to her first two albums released under Zoë Records, Failer and Back to Me. The Canadian Press said of the album's track list, "unlike your average floral arrangement, there's not a dud in the bunch." The Boston Globe reported that the album had similarities to Edwards' 2005 album Back to Me, but showed maturity as a singer and songwriter.
All songs written by Kathleen Edwards.
- Buffalo - 5:15
- The Cheapest Key - 2:42
- Asking for Flowers - 5:02
- Alicia Ross - 5:06
- I Make the Dough, You Get the Glory - 4:37
- Oil Man's War - 4:01
- Sure As Shit - 4:09
- Run - 3:43
- Oh, Canada - 3:59
- Scared At Night - 4:09
- Goodnight, California - 6:28
- Lazy Eye - 3:29 (Bonus track with online album purchase)
- Deming, Mark. Asking for Flowers at AllMusic
- Christgau, Robert. "Asking for Flowers". Robert Christgau.
- The Music Box review
- Pitchfork Media review Archived August 23, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Rolling Stone review
- "Kathleen Edwards blossoms on her new CD 'Asking for Flowers': review". The Canadian Press. 2008-03-03. Archived from the original on 2008-03-09. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- "With third album, Edwards finally blooms". The Boston Globe. 2008-03-04. Archived from the original on 2009-12-09. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- "2008 - Winners and Nominees". Polaris Music Prize. Archived from the original on 2009-12-09. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
|This 2000s country music album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|