Askr Svarte in Freiburg, Germany, 2015
Evgeny Nechkasov (Cyrillic: Евгений Нечкасов)
5 October 1991
|Education||Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University|
Evgeny Alekseevich Nechkasov (Russian: Евгений Алексеевич Нечкасов; b. 5 October 1991) is a Russian writer and publisher, ideologist of Pagan Traditionalism. His pseudonym “Askr Svarte” comes from the Old Norse Askr and the adjective Svartr, meaning “Black Ash Tree”.
Nechkasov is a descendant of German colonists from Württemberg who settled in the lands of Bessarabia in Moldova and near Odessa, Ukraine in the 19th century. They were exiled to Siberia in the early years of World War II.
Ideas and Activity
Nechkasov is the founder of the Svarte Aske community of pagans and the editor-in-chief of the Foundations for Traditional Religions, a Russian website which promotes and analyzes news and studies pertaining to paganism.
Nechkasov is the author of several books on Pagan Traditionalism and the Left-Hand Path in Odinism in which he polemicizes from a Traditionalist point of view against what he calls Modern and Postmodern influences on contemporary neo-paganism worldwide.
Nechkasov's works also focus on the reconciliation of Traditionalist and Heideggerian philosophies with pagan theology and worldview. Following Ernst Jünger, Martin Heidegger, and Pentti Linkola, the problem of the influence of technology and progress on existential alienation is also a central concern of Nechasov’s thought.
Since 2015, Nechkasov has been the editor-in-chief of the annual Russian Traditionalist almanac Warha. To date, seven issues have been released in Russian and two in English. Nechkasov has been featured as a guest writer in the Russian Slavic neo-pagan magazine Rodnovery (“Native Faith”, Russian: родноверие), the academic journal Colloquium Heptaplomeres established by the Russian scholar of religion Roman Shizhensky from Nizhny Novgorod State Pedagogical University, and in the Ukrainian Traditionalist almanac Tradition and Traditionalism (Russian: Традиция и Традиционализм).
In 2015, Askr Svarte also appeared in a documentary sponsored by the Russian Ministry of Culture, The Last Campaign of the Baron, about the controversial figure of Roman von Ungern-Sternberg, who was executed in Novonikolayevsk, now Novosibirsk, in 1921.
Since 2017, Nechkasov has been a featured expert and public speaker on Pagan Traditionalism and the pagan community in the Russian press, TV, conferences, and in the field of religious studies.
Nechkasov was a member and head of the local chapter of the Eurasian Youth Union from 2011 to 2013. He is an advocate of folkish and tribal currents in neo-paganism, promotes the appreciation of the plurality of cultures and traditions, and staunchly rejects universalism and globalism.
Books in Russian
- Polemos: Языческий традиционализм (2016)
- Svarte, Askr (2017). Чарующая бездна. Путь Левой руки в одинизме. Russia: Veligor Publishing House. ISBN 978-5-88875-480-1.
- Приближение и окружение (2017)
- Нечкасов, Евгений (2020). Идентичность язычника в XXI веке. Russia: Veligor Publishing House. ISBN 978-5-88875-758-1.
- Нечкасов, Евгений (2020). Приближение и окружение. Очерки о германском Логосе, традиции и Ничто. Russia: ИД "ЯСК", ИД "ГНОЗИС". ISBN 978-5-94244-073-2.
Books in English
- Gap (2015)
- Gap: A Left-Hand Path Approach to Odinism (2017, 2nd release by Fall of Man Press)
- Gap: At the Left Hand of Odin (2019, 3rd release by Fall of Man Press)
- Svarte, Askr (2020). Polemos. The Dawn of Pagan Traditionalism. USA: PRAV Publishing. ISBN 978-1-952671-01-2.
- Svarte, Askr (2020). Gods in the Abyss: Essays on Heidegger, the Germanic Logos, and the Germanic Myth. London: Arktos. ISBN 978-1912975877.
- Julius Evola
- Aleksandr Dugin
- Martin Heidegger
- Germanic Neopaganism
- Left-hand path and right-hand path
- "Неоязычники свергают идолов". Независимая газета.
- "Язычники теперь будут отслеживать гонителей". Независимая газета.
- "Interview to Radio Liberty". Radio Liberty.
- "КРУГЛЫЙ СТОЛ «НОВОЕ ЯЗЫЧЕСТВО: ДИСКУРСЫ И ПРАКТИКИ» НА III КОНГРЕССЕ РРО". Ассоциация экспертов, научных работников и специалистов «Центр исследований и экспертиз «ЭТНА».
- "ВОСПИТАНИЕ В ТРАДИЦИИ И ВЛИЯНИЕ СОВРЕМЕННОСТИ". CYBERLENINKA.
- Svarte, Askr (2015). Gap. ISBN 978-1329136137.