Aslıhan Koruyan Sabancı
|Aslıhan Koruyan Sabancı|
|Born||Dilek Aslıhan Koruyan|
Cornell University and SDA Bocconi School of Management
|Cooking style||Mediterranean, International, Gluten-free and Healthy diet|
Aslıhan Koruyan Sabancı, née Dilek Aslıhan Koruyan (born c. 1972), is a Turkish chef and author, who specializes in healthy and creative recipes. She represented her country as Miss Turkey at the Miss World 1991 beauty pageant.
Aslihan Koruyan Sabanci was born in Ankara, Turkey.
As a child, Aslihan developed an interest in cooking and was encouraged by her family to experiment with different culinary projects.
In 2002, Aslihan married Demir Sabanci. They have three children together.
Aslihan is an award-winning chef and author, internationally recognized for her healthy recipes designed for everyday life. Her published works focus on a healthy, gluten free Mediterranean diet, and her upcoming books expand into other natural, nutritious recipes.
Aslihan won the title of Miss Turkey in 1991 and represented Turkey in the 41st Miss World Beauty Pageant on December 21,1991 in Atlanta, GA, finishing in the top ten semifinalist, also winning title ‘European Queen of Beauty.'
Education and early career
In 1996, Aslihan graduated from Texas A&M University, where she studied Economics. After university, Aslihan moved to Milan to pursue a joint MBA from Cornell University, USA and the SDA Bocconi University, Italy. She started her career at 1998 at Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, Medical Devices and Diagnostics in New Jersey, USA. Between 1998-2002, she held different managerial positions at Ethicon Inc. and Ethicon Endo-Surgery Inc. in New York, New Jersey, and Istanbul.
She joined Sedes Holding in 2002 as a founding shareholder and currently serves as a Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Aslihan also holds Master certificates in the Essentials of Hospitality Management, Foodservice Management, Hospitality Marketing and a Certificate in Plant Based Nutrition from Cornell University, New York, USA.
Following her diagnosis with food sensitivity, she began to adapt the traditional Turkish recipes passed down from her grandmother and mother, as well as the international recipes that she learned in her studies, to fit within a gluten-free diet. In 2011, Aslihan published the first book of healthy, all natural gluten-free recipes in Turkey, titled “Gluten Free Mediterranean Gourmet Cuisine.” Her book has been well-received from critics in Turkey, including those from Hello!, Time Out, NTV Bloomberg and Milliyet. Her book won the Gourmand World Cookbook Award for ‘Best Health and Nutrition Book in the World at the 17th International Gourmand World Cookbook Awards, Paris March 7, 2012.
- "Sabancı finds culinary remedy for gluten allergy". Todayszaman.com. 2010-05-17. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Former Miss World contestant wins international book award". Missworld.com. 2012-03-21. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Gourmand Cookbook Award Winners". Issuu.com. 2012-03-06. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "MissWorld.com". MissWorld.com. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Sedes Holding". Sedes Holding. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Zaman Newspaper". Todayszaman.com. 2011-05-09. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Hello! Turkey". Kelebekgaleri.hurriyet.com.tr. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- TimeOut Turkey
- "Ntvmsnbc". Video.ntvmsnbc.com. 2010-04-25. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Haydi Gel Bizimle Ol 2 Nisan 2009". Video.ntvmsnbc.com. 2009-04-03. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Sabancı mutfakta". Htkulup.com. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Aslıhan Sabancı'dan patronlara yemek". Htkulup.com. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Cadde Milliyet". Cadde Milliyet. 2009-11-15. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- Gourmand award Archived February 15, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.