This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Aslan Ahmad Aslanov (Azerbaijani: Aslanov Aslan Əhməd oğlu) is a famous Azerbaijani journalist, Director General of Azerbaijan State News Agency (AZERTAC), Honorary Culture Worker of the Azerbaijan Republic (2000), the holder of Tereggi medal (2005), Order for the Services to the Motherland (2010), Shohrat Order (2011), 20th Anniversary Medal of TURKSOY (2014), “Hasan bey Zardabi”, “Golden Pen” and “Supreme Media” journalistic awards.
In 1975, he graduated from the faculty of journalism of the Azerbaijan State University.
From December 1990-November 1992 he worked for Xalq Gazeti newspaper.
In 1992, Aslan Aslanov joined AzerTAc as a correspondent, and was later promoted to the positions of Deputy Editor-In-Chief and Editor-In-Chief.
In 1997, he was appointed First Deputy Director General of AzerTAc by a Decree of President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Heydar Aliyev.
In October, 2002, he was appointed Director General of AzerTAc a Decree of President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Heydar Aliyev.
From 1993-2002, as a special correspondent of AzerTAc, he accompanied President of the Azerbaijan Republic Heydar Aliyev in overwhelming majority of his foreign visits.
Since 1979 he has been a member of the Union of Journalists of Azerbaijan.
From December 12, 2007 he has been a member of the Executive Board of the Organization of Asia-Pacific News Agencies (OANA.
In September 2013, Aslan Aslanov was elected Vice President of OANA.
From 2004 he has been a member of the Azerbaijan State Commission on Prisoners of War, Hostages and Missing Persons; from 2006 he has been a member of the Coordination Council of World Azerbaijanis; from 2009 he has been a member of the Terminology Commission under the Presidium of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan; from 2010 he has been a member of the Philosophical Society of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
From 2008 he has presided over the Association of Turkic-Speaking News Agencies.
From July 2011-March 2013 he was president of BSANNA, the Black Sea Association of National News Agencies, which groups news agencies from 14 countries
In 2013, he was elected a member of the International Council of Experts for World Rating
In November 2013 he was elected a member of the News Agencies World Council
He was elected member of the National Commission of the Republic of Azerbaijan for UNESCO by the decree of the Azerbaijani President.
Following the 5th New Agencies World Congress and the 16th General Assembly of the Organization of Asia-Pacific News Agencies (OANA) co-organized by the Heydar Aliyev Foundation and AZERTAC on November 15-18 in Baku, he assumed the presidency of both organizations.
He is married, with a son.
- Honorary Culture Worker of the Azerbaijan Republic (2000),
- Tereggi medal (2005).
- Order for the Services to the Motherland (2010).
- Shohrat Order for active participation in Azerbaijan`s socio-political life (2011).
- Order of Friendship of the Russian Federation (2011).
- “Hasan bey Zardabi”, “Golden Pen” and “Supreme Media” journalistic awards.
- Jubilee Silver Medal of the Commonwealth of Independent States for his contribution to developing integration of CIS countries (2013).
- 20th Anniversary Medal of TURKSOY (2014)
- “Heydar Aliyev and AzerTAc”. Baku, 2005.
- "From AzerTAc to AzerTAc: Difficult and Glorious Path". Baku, “Şərq-Qərb”, 2008, 184 pages.
- “AzerTAc-90”. Baku, 2011.
- “AzerTAc`s place in the world information network: establishment history and development stages”. Baku: “Azərnəşr”, 2012, 224 pages.
- “Information provision of state policy”. Baku, “Şərq-Qərb”, 2013, 620 pages.
- “YUNESKO üzrə Azərbaycan Respublikasının Milli Komissiyası ilə bağlı əlavə tədbirlər haqqında” Azərbaycan Respublikası Prezidentinin 2005-ci il 15 sentyabr tarixli 1006 nömrəli Sərəncamında dəyişiklik edilməsi barədə Azərbaycan Respublikası Prezidentinin Sərəncamı
- 5OANA's 16th General Assembly wraps up AZERTAC takes on OANA presidency for 2016-2019
- 5th News Agencies World Congress ends in Baku