Aslockton railway station
A Skegness-bound train at Aslockton station
|Managed by||East Midlands Trains|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Key dates||Opened 1857|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Aslockton from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
It is located on the line first opened by the Ambergate, Nottingham, Boston and Eastern Junction Railway in 1850 and taken over by the Great Northern Railway.
It became part of the London and North Eastern Railway during the Grouping of 1923. The station then passed on to the Eastern Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948. When Sectorisation was introduced in the 1980s, the station was served by Regional Railways until the Privatisation of British Railways.
The station is now managed by East Midlands Trains.
There are trains every hour or two to Nottingham, and trains every hour or two to Boston and Skegness via Grantham. There are less frequent trains to destinations such as Norwich and Liverpool Lime Street.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|East Midlands Trains|
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
|Bingham||Great Northern Railway
Nottingham to Grantham
Nottingham to Newark
- Kingscott, G., (2004) Lost Railways of Nottinghamshire, Newbury: Countryside Books
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Station on navigable O.S. map
- Train times and station information for Aslockton railway station from National Rail
- Aslockton Station Master's House
- Train at Aslockton Station[permanent dead link]
- PDF with images of signal box and station[permanent dead link]