Asmita Sood is an Indian model turned actress. She has studied from Loreto Convent Tara Hall, Shimla. She made her acting debut with the 2011 Telugu film Brammigadi Katha. Sood has endorsed over 40 brands. She has been a part of two television shows: Star Plus's Phir Bhi Na Maane...Badtameez Dil and Sony TV's Dil Hi Toh Hai.
Asmita Sood hails from Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. She is a commerce graduate. Sood started her modelling career towards the end of 2010 after participating in TV reality show Channel V's Get Gorgeous. She later participated at the 2011 Femina Miss India beauty pageant, ending up as one of the finalists. She is a professionally trained Kathak dancer.
Sood made her acting debut with a Telugu film Brammigadi Katha (2011), which also stars Varun Sandesh in the lead role. It had a 50-day box office run. In 2013, Sood debuted in Kannada films with Victory, which also stars Sharan in the lead role. It was followed by her Malayalam debut in the anthology 5 Sundarikal in which she played Ami, a Muslim girl who gets married at a young age.
She was next seen opposite Sudheer Babu in the Telugu film Aadu Magaadra Bujji. In the film she played Indu, a "bubbly and chirpy college-goer". Sood's following releases were Aa Aiduguru (2013), in which she was seen as a police officer, and Ok (2013). In 2015, she was shooting for her second Malayalam film, Lukka Chuppi. She also worked in a Hindi show Phir Bhi Na Maane...Badtameez Dil on Star Plus as Meher Purohit opposite Pearl V Puri. She was about to play the role of Gauri in Qayamat Ki Raat, but later on Karishma Tanna was finalized to play the role. She is currently seen as Setu in Sony TV's Dil Hi Toh Hai.
|Aadu Magaadra Bujji||Indu||Telugu|
|2010||Get Gorgeous||Contestant||Channel V|
|2015||Phir Bhi Na Maane...Badtameez Dil||Meher Purohit/Meher Abeer Malhotra||Star Plus|
|2018-2019||Dil Hi Toh Hai||Setu Rohit Puri||Sony Entertainment Television, ALTBalaji|
- "Not related to Sonu Sood: Asmita Sood". Times of India. 2013-02-05.
- "Ashmitha Sood Biography". Onindia.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 November 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Sonu Sood doesn't want to be my brother: Asmita Sood". Times of India. 2013-08-16.
- "Tollywood divas step up the dance moves". The Times of India.
- m.l. narasimham. "An entertaining potboiler". The Hindu.
- "Brammigadi Katha Review". Indiaglitz.com. 2011-07-01.
- Y. Sunita Chowdhury. "Etcetera". The Hindu.
- Staff Correspondent. "It's clean humour with a message, says Sharan about his movie". The Hindu.
- "Asmita Sood Filmography". Oneindia.com.
- "Asmita Sood on a roll". The Times of India.
- "I enjoy being treated like a kid on the set". The Times of India.
- "Asmita Sood to play Yogita's best friend in Dil Hi Toh Hai - Times of India". The Times of India. She is one of the best actresses in Tollywood. Retrieved 13 August 2018.