|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Asmodée Éditions is a French publisher of board games, card games and role-playing games (RPGs). The company was founded in 1995 by former employees of the RPG publisher Siroz Productions. The company publishes its own games, as well as French language editions of other publishers' games. Notable games published by Asmodée include:
- Ca$h 'n Gun$
- Dungeon Twister
- Formula De
- Ghost Stories
- Jungle Speed
- Liar's Dice
- The Werewolves of Millers Hollow
Asmodée is currently distributing games under the imprints Descartes Editeur and Eurogames, acquired when they purchased Descartes. However, they have not used these imprints for any original publications since the purchase.
Following Asmodee's acquisition of these major board game publishers, along with the Spot-It! casual games series in 2015, this means the new company now controls the rights to the popular titles Ticket to Ride, Dixit, Citadels, Small World, 7 Wonders, and Catan.
On January 3, 2017 it was announced that Admodéé Editions has acquired the Spanish editor Edge Entertainment.
In additional to its physical publishing rights, Asmodee has begun developing video games based on their board game properties for personal computers and mobile gaming. Many of these games are built atop the software libraries that Days of Wonder had crafted for their digital version of Ticket to Ride. As of January 2017, the company has published digital versions of Mysterium and Potion Explosion in addition to existing titles published by their acquired companies. Philippe Dao, the chief marketing officer for Asmodee Digital, stated they anticipate to have 20 more games out by the end of 2017.
- W. Eric Martin (2014-08-25). "Asmodee Buys Days of Wonder". Retrieved 2016-01-29.
- Forbes Magazine (2014-11-17). "Fantasy Flight Games Merging With Asmodee". Retrieved 2014-11-20.
- Charles Rice (2016-01-07). "Asmodee Acquires Catan™ from Mayfair Games". Retrieved 2016-01-29.
- Asmodee (2015-07-02). "Asmodee acquires the rights to Spot It! Game". Retrieved 2016-01-29.
- Sam Machkovech (2016-01-08). "Asmodee becomes board gaming's new monster, acquires English rights to Catan". Retrieved 2016-01-29.
- ICv2 (2016-07-22). "Asmodee Acquiring F2Z Entertainment". Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- Edgeent (2017-01-03). "Asmodee Acquiring Edge Entertainment". Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- Hall, Charlie (2017-01-27). "Digital board games are booming, and one company is holding an awful lot of cards". Polygon. Retrieved 2017-01-27.