|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Tyr and Desdemon began the band as a project called Diabolus. After the first permanent line up was assembled, the name was changed to Asmodeus.
In late 1998, Tyr (guitars), Desdemon (bass, vocals), Dargoth (guitars), and Harth (drums) recorded their first demo, Supreme Surrender. Harth and Dargoth then left the band, and were replaced by Lestat (guitars) and Ashrak (drums). After their first shows in Austria, Asmodeus recorded their second demo, As the Winter Moon Bleeds.
The group toured with bands including Satyricon, Behemoth, Hecate Enthroned and Rebaelliun, becoming more popular in the black metal underground. In November 2000, the third demo was recorded and released. Lestat then left the band, and Naroth joined permanently.
Phalanx Inferna, Asmodeus' first full-length album, was released via Twilight records. Due to the response to the album, Asmodeus were invited to perform at a variety of national and international concerts in 2004. In April 2005, the first tour through Europe took place with Belphegor, Arkhon Infaustus, and In Aeternum. Naroth couldn’t play the tour, and was replaced by Azazel. Following the completion of the tour, Ashrak left the band as well. A long search for new permanent members began, and in October 2005, a new drummer, Malthus, was recruited. Asmodeus recorded Imperium Damnatum with T.T. (Abigor) in December 2005 at Infinite Sounds Studios.
- Supreme Surrender (1998)
- As the Winter Moon Bleeds (2000)
- Embers of Aeon (2001)
- Twilight Sampler (2006)
- Tyr - Guitars (1996-present)
- Desdemona - Vocals, Bass (1996-present)
- Azalea - Guitars (2006-2009, 2012-present; touring 2005-2006)
- Nordger - Drums (2010-present)
- Harth - Drums (1996-1999)
- Dargoth - Guitars (1996-1999)
- Ashram - Drums (1999-2005)
- Lestat - Guitars, Backing Vocals (1999-2002)
- Naroth - Guitars (2002-2005)
- Malthus - Drums (2005-2010)
- Garm - Guitars (2010-2012)