Aspects of Physics
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Aspects of Physics|
|Origin||San Diego, California, USA|
|Past members||Thatcher Orbitashi|
Aspects of Physics is an instrumental experimental music band from San Diego. It was formed in 2000 by ex-members of the enigmatic math rock band Physics. Founding members Jason Soares, JFRE "Robot" Coad, and Thatcher Orbitashi released their debut album Systems of Social Recalibration on July 2, 2002 on San Diego label imputor?. They tend to mix indie rock guitar samplings along with minimalist electronic beats and productions.
Thatcher Orbitashi has since left the band, and Aspects of Physics have added additional musicians with Rob Crow on guitars and Arturo Ulloa & Brent Asbury on drums. Their second album titled Marginalized Information Forms 1: Ping, the first in a three part series, was released on October 5, 2004 by imputor? Records.
As a staple of the San Diego electronic music scene, Aspects of Physics has been nominated in the Best Electronic category at the San Diego Music Awards every year from 2002-2006. Their popularity has expanded well beyond San Diego, embarking on North American tours with such notable bands as Album Leaf, Pinback, Mates of State, and Plastiq Phantom.
- Jason Soares - Programming, Guitars, Electronics - See also: Physics, Rice, Thingy
- Jeff Coad aka JFRE "Robot" Coad - Programming, Guitars, Electronics - See also: Physics
- Rob Crow - Guitars - See also: Physics, Pinback, Thingy, Heavy Vegetable, Optiganally Yours
- Arturo Ulloa - Drums - See Also: Chune, Physics
- Brent Asbury - Drums - See also: Thingy
- Matt Lorenz - Visuals
- Thatcher Orbitashi - Keyboards, Electronics
- Systems of Social Recalibration (2002)
- "Pulse Width"
- "Level 4.2"
- "Everything Else We Must Pass O"
- Marginalized Information Forms One: Ping (2004)
- "Logo (Observer)"
- "Piano Pill"
- "Scene of Changery"
- Marginalized Information Forms Two: Cummulative erRror (2007)
- "Logo (Medium)"
- "Cummulative erRror"
- "Unthousand Done"
- "Recall Seaqence"
- "Bitty Odissey"
- "E2 (Crushendo Mix)"
- "Vortex Methods"
- "Slow Grey Sun"
- "Cut and Pastie"
- Marginalized Information Forms Three: Other (2009)
- "Logo (Other)"
- "Level 3"
- "Unwindings Are Sound"
- "That Which Resists"
- "Default Actions"
- "Swip Melp"