||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
AspektzPhoto Credit B. Ruelens
|Also known as||Aspektz, Mr Thoro, Ontario Banderas|
December 9, 1989 |
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Canadian hip hop
Electro hip hop
|Occupation(s)||Record label owner, Producer, Recording artist , Rapper|
|Labels||True Thorobredz (2009–present)
Aspektz, is a Canadian hip-hop recording artist and producer born at North York General hospital in 1985. He is the founder of the True Thorobredz record label, a Canadian entrepreneur and an MBA graduate from the Schulich School of Business.
In 2009, Aspektz was awarded a MuchFACT video award to support the production of his first music video In the TDot, produced by Nadeem Sharpshooter Soumah. The video aired nationally across MuchMusic and MuchVibe. The single was released through True Thorobredz and on his first commercial release Academic Probation: Detention.. In the TDot was also featured in the popular touch-screen videogame DJMax Technika 3, followed by placements in the mobile version DJMax Technika Q as a built-in feature record, which was downloaded over 500,000 times in 2013 and finally in the PSP version DJMax Portable in 2014. In 2010, Aspektz independently financed Fresh that also featured in dance simulation game spin-off Pump It Up Infinity , the first and only single from his second record release Academic Probation: Commencement.
In October 2010, Aspektz collaborated with HBO and Miller High Life to release a conceptual album entitled 7th Inning Stretch with vocal samples from Kenny Powers of Eastbound & Down fame. The record used the musical samples from the first season to chronicle the storyline from Kenny Powers perspective.
Aspektz graduated from the Schulich School of Business in 2011. He appeared on the Business News Network in May 2011 as a current student on The Pitch to discuss his latest project and the 360-degree, immersive, interactive video technology he was shooting his videos with. He also appeared in XXL (Magazine) for an interview to discuss his contribution to the music industry via 360-degree video technology. The first single to utilize this technology was entitled Swivel and reached #4 on two US college charts. During the summer of 2011, he toured with Keys N Krates on the ((Red Bull)) Spectrum Electronic Festival. His 2012 single Gametime was featured on the CTV Olympic Media Consortium's nationally televised broadcast during the London 2012 Games as a featured track.
|Miller High Life x HBO x True Thorobredz present: Eastbound & Down 7th Inning Stretch|
|Academic Probation:Last Day of Class|
|Academic Probation:Back to Class|
|Academic Probation: The Album|
- "In the TDot"
- "Going Down"
- "Gametime (Feels Like I'm Going to Make It)"
- "I Love Your Style (prod. Rich Kidd)"
Awards and nominations
- Dzuba, Oliver (2011-09-22). "Rapping with a Degree". Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- Babak, Susan (2011-09-02). "Grad Brings Hip-Hop to Halftime Show". University of Guelph. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "MuchFact Announce Award Winners". Factor. 2009-07-09. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- Brown, Jonathan (2010-03-14). "Aspektz - Academic Probation DETENTION". HipHopCanada. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- Quinlan, Thomas (2010-03-10). "UrbNet Reviews". UrbNet. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- Soul, Meka (2010-10-14). "Aspektz & Kenny Powers – Eastbound & Down: The 7th Inning Stretch". 2dopeboyz. Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- "The Pitch". Business News Network. 2011-05-06. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "XXL Magazine". Harris Publications. 2011-08-10. Retrieved 2010-10-30.
- "Rap Attack Charts Week 493". Rap Attack Charts/US College DJ's. 2011-09-26. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "Record Breakers Charts". Record Breakers Charts/US College DJ's. 2011-09-26. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "Red Bull Presents: Spectrum Festival 2011". Red Bull. 2011-07-04. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- Kurek, Dominik (2012-07-27). "Aspekt gets in on Olympic Action with GAMETIME Track". Oakville beaver. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "MuchFact Announce Award Winners". Factor. 2011-02-04. Retrieved 2010-11-01.