Aspendale railway station
Southbound view from Platform 2 in November 2007
|Location||Nepean Highway, Aspendale|
|Distance||30.31 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
Aspendale railway station is located on the Frankston line in Victoria, Australia. It serves the south-eastern Melbourne suburb of Aspendale, opening in April 1891 as Aspendale Park Racecourse, and was renamed Aspendale on 1 August 1905.
In early 2014 a man was hit and killed by a Frankston-bound train, causing the boom gates at Aspendale station to stay down, preventing cars to go from Nepean Highway to Station Street.
Platforms & services
Ventura Bus Lines operates one routes via Aspendale station:
- Aspendale Vicsig
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. October 1977. p. 228.
- Vincent Adams Winter (1990). VR and VicRail:1962-1983. p. 107. ISBN 0-9592069-3-0.
- "Man hit by train" by Caroline Zielinski, 6 Jan 2014
- Frankston Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 706 Mordialloc - Chelsea timetable Public Transport Victoria
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aspendale railway station, Melbourne.|