|This article does not cite any sources. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Aspria Holdings BV is the owner and operator of a collection of seven premium spa, sport, health and family clubs, hotels and day spas in Europe. The head office is in London. Aspria currently provides services to c. 35,000 adult and children members in addition to overnight guests and day spa visitors in Belgium, Germany and Italy.
- March 2000 – The group is founded.
- June 2001 – Aspria opens its first club on rue de l’Industrie in the European Quarter of Brussels.
- Sept / Oct 2002 – Aspria takes the concept to Germany and opens clubs in Hamburg and Berlin.
- Jan 2005 – Aspria opens in Avenue Louise, Brussels
- April 2005 – Aspria develops Royal La Rasante, one of Brussels’ oldest clubs. Founded in 1902 as a hockey and tennis club, Royal La Rasante has a successful history in national and international sport.
- April 2009 – Their third in Germany, Aspria opens in Hannover with 20 rooms for guests to stay overnight and the groups’ first full day spa.
- October 2009 – The Aspria Hotel opens in Berlin with 42 rooms and an extended day spa.
- December 2009 – Aspria acquires the Harbour Club Milano and renames it Aspria Harbour Club.
Sport and Spa
Each club has been designed to offer all the facilities needed for sport and wellness. Each club is individual and offers a different range of facilities according to location. In all clubs, members and guests can train on endurance and strength apparatus, alone or with a personal trainer and participate in group classes. The larger clubs schedule more than 150 weekly classes. Some clubs offer functional training studios and equipment and all clubs have at least one swimming pool. Outdoor and indoor tennis, sports halls and beach volleyball complete the offer. The spa plays a central role and includes saunas, steam baths, hamam, rasul, massages, facial and body treatments and solarium. Children have their own sports activities, coaching, creativity workshops and holiday camps. A crèche service is available for babies older than 12 weeks. Up to the age of 14 years, children can take part in children’s sports classes, thereafter joining the adult classes and – after instruction – can train on selected apparatus.
Lodges and Hotels
In 2009, Aspria expanded its facilities to include overnight accommodation. Their first project was the Aspria Lodge, 20 lake-side rooms in Hannover available to all Aspria members and members of partner organisations, such as Fdv (Fitnessverband), DSSV (Deutscher Sport Studio Verband) and IHRSA (International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association). In October 2009, Aspria Hotel opened in Berlin, and in Spring 2011 an Aspria Lodge will open at Royal La Rasante in Brussels. Both of these are open to members and non-members.
- Aspria Berlin voted Germany's number one health club 2008 and 2009 by GQ Magazine
- Aspria voted number one spa and club operator in Belgium 2010 by Elle Belgique Magazine.
- Aspria Avenue Louise voted Europe’s number one health club 2010 by the European Consumers Choice Association
- Aspria Berlin and Aspria Hannover nominated amongst the world’s finest spas by Condé Nast luxury spa magazine 2010
The Aspria logo consists of three blue waves, which represent the central role of water (pools and spa) and at the same time stand for the equilibrium of body, mind and spirit. The name Aspria is a made-up name, supposedly bringing together the words ‘aspiration’ and ‘inspiration.’